Hatt's Hat.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Actually the "Hat" is a Central Pennsylvania Amishman's Summer hat with an extended sun-shade brim. The brim look is the in look!

HoboKen

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Boke,

I'll have to get some black clothes and a buggy.

Actually, I'm happy for my connection with the Amish.I admire any group that emphasizes doing what you ought to do rather than what you want to do. For a sustainable future, the Amish are a lot better role models than rock stars are.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: Isn't that the truth. You know, I think some of you could guess where my heart is most of the time on world affairs and the like, so in making this statement, keep in mind I'm being totally objective.

After living in a country for 6 months that was 98% Muslim, there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim people, as a whole, live the most moral and strict lifestyle of any people I've ever been associated with. Living with exteme conviction, they strive to set the example for others. That is a very difficult statement for me to make being Christian, but it's true. I've never spent time with the Amish, their conviction and dedication seems similar though. Little wonder why the fanatic Muslims are strapping bombs to themselves just dying to die!

I worked with 8 Malay guys and 7 were single, all in their 20's, and all virgins.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth! When I was there, sometimes on the drive home from work, on Malay radio, I'd listen to James Dobson's "Focus on the Family", right after that they'd air a Muslim version in English. No "kill 'em all message there, just how to keep the family close.

West

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Boke,

I'll have to get some black clothes and a buggy.

Actually, I'm happy for my connection with the Amish.I admire any group that emphasizes doing what you ought to do rather than what you want to do. For a sustainable future, the Amish are a lot better role models than rock stars are.

Well the latest avatar is more 'you' I guess - with a hat and at least a stringed instrument rather than a pistol :roll:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Boke,

My Grandma was Quaker, a kinder, gentler soul never existed. Alas, Grampa wasn't Quaker.

Quakers played a key part in the abolition of Slavery. Rebellious & seditious lot, aided & abetted the underground railroad, moving escaped slaves to freedom in the North.

Is it still legal to teach this sort of history in Public Schools?

http://www.fergusbordewich.com/FBtimelinepage.shtml

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Is it still legal to teach this sort of history in Public Schools?
Only as it relates to their contribution to furniture design and fabrication ... oh those joints....