Before the Les Paul

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That's hot Steel! Got any idea who Hair Guy is at the bar? Thanks!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Great post, Steelpickin!

As I've mentioned before a buncha times on this forum, I love this era of music. Thanks.

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
The actor at the bar was Sad Sammy Wolfe. Did a lot of small parts back then...Also as a bit of trivia: he was one of Ted Healy's replacement stooges when Larry, Moe and Shemp left the act to go it on there own!

( sorry for the typin' and my spellin'. I suffer from Dyslexia as well as
Crest Syndrome . Not really makeing excuses just trying to explain :) )

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Les Paul

[img:217:155]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/current_season/images/paul_l_2.jpg[/img] Picked up a Les Paul presentation on PBS last night, Part of their American Masters Series.

Here's a quote "Among inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, his name comes alphabetically after Louis Pasteur. In the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it follows Parliament-Funkadelic. This singular distinction belongs to Les Paul, whose insatiable curiosity and experiments gave us the musical instrument of the modern era - the solid-body electric guitar - and the predominant studio recording technique - multi-tracking"

I'm a bunch more edumicated about Les Paul now. The old boy is 92 years old & still going.

The program appears to be scheuled several times in the next few days. I find it darn difficult to find worthwhile programming on the Telly, It's a bugger to keep track of coming attractions on PBS but they do come thru fairly regular.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters ... 2007-07-12

Jahn

Reaction score
this doc was great - i mean, really got you into the inital WOW factor of multitrack. how about that "How High the Moon" piece in there! well, other than that Carpenters guy acting like the beatnik in my college dorms grooving to Pharoah Sanders.