ok then, what song are you perfecting right now?

Jahn

Reaction score
Yikes. So I posted Alison on the 9th, and someone left a comment on my vid over there saying they liked it, and whipped up a version of their own on the 11th.

The Internet is a funny thing! Everyone "Do the Alison!"

RussD

Reaction score
Guild Total
JtL: No problem, I just googled the song name and the word "lyrics." Know absolutely nothing about the site.

My problem is getting to be remembering all the words; the music is finally getting easier just as the memory starts to slip!

doc

Reaction score
Hey Jahn pretty cool, that what it's about, you put yourself out there, self expression, and see what shakes. You know experimental musical art. 8)

Jahn

Reaction score
Uh oh this stuff is addicting. Got my H13 and what's the first thing I do? Find a tune that fits it, learn it (again, easy chords other than playing the same two chords up and down the neck, it basically goes from G to D most of the time) and put the raw up on youtube. I can see why the kids think this thing is fun! The Caterpillar by The Cure!

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice work, Jahn! I'm not familiar with these songs or artists so it's really cool to get introduced to new stuff! Hope you're playing this out somewhere. Keep posting!

Jahn

Reaction score
Thanks folks! Shaking the rust of decades off my playing via the internet is a very odd feeling, hehe. Man, going through a nostalgia kick apparently, with all these post-punk tunes!

Jahn

Reaction score
Took me two days to get this one, and I still messed up at the end - look at me chord those "phantom chords" by hovering indecisively over the frets!

The Boy with The Thorn in His Side by The Smiths!

I was going to use the F30 this time, but the 12-string just seemed to fit better.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jahn,

I've watched all three videos. You're good! :D I enjoy listening to you. where are you from?

West

Jahn

Reaction score
Here in NYC! Man it was embarrassing to go pick up a guitar amp from craiglist this weekend and come face to face with the lead singer of Nightmare of You (up and coming indie band) - that tends to happen a lot here in the city. Of course he asked what the heck i'm going to do with this big 'ol Fender Twin 'Verb and I said "uh, sit quietly in my room and play it when my kid and wife aren't around." I really should at least do an open mic or something, sigh - not getting this gear some proper fresh air is a sad life for em.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: Let me rephrase my question. Where were you born? Your heritage isn't Malay or Sing by any chance?

Here in Texas when you answered my first question, we would say "NEW YORK CITY"! :wink: :p