ok then, what song are you perfecting right now?

jphal

Reaction score
Just started a lesser known Dylan song - which has haunted me for years so I thought I'd better learn it and get it out of my system :mrgreen: 'The lonesome death of Hattie Carroll'.[/quote]

Jerry - 'Hattie Carroll' is a song I never stray far from, continuing to play it over the years since I learned it. It's kind of hypnotic and trancelike to me, but intensity of it radiates. Always have to remember the 'take away' instead of 'bury the rag' on the last chorus....

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My latest is "What Are They Doing In Heaven Today", I have it on an album by Jorma Kaukonen. Beautiful, poignant song written by a Methodist pastor in 1901. I play at a fair amount of funerals, and I think I'd like to do this one sometime.

Reaction score
Been working on Blue Jean Blues by ZZ Top ala The Melvin Taylor. Its coming along
but I wouldn't say it was polished or perfect.

George

48' Martin 00-17
69' Les Paul Gold Top
74' F-50
98' F-512
02 Starfire III (No. 27)
04' Les Paul Studio
08' Custom AJDavid

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
Shady Grove - I'm working off of one of Doc Watson's versions. It's such an easy song to play, but challenging to play really well.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
MrBoZiffer said:
Shady Grove - I'm working off of one of Doc Watson's versions. It's such an easy song to play, but challenging to play really well.
One of my favorites MrBo! It's one of the first of Doc's songs that I picked up and picked on in the early 70s. Still like to play it now and then. Heck, I think I'll do it right now! Love that Am sound.

Thanks for the reminder, :wink:
Joe

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
:lol:

Have you heard Tom Petty's version? They do an electric version on their Mudcrutch album that is quite good. I'm going to take a stab at it next.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
MrBoZiffer said:
:lol:
Have you heard Tom Petty's version? They do an electric version on their Mudcrutch album that is quite good. I'm going to take a stab at it next.
Never heard that one, I'll have to go looking. Anybody remember the Quicksilver Messenger Service cover?