John Joyce

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
John Joyce performing "Jubilee Train" on a Stella 12 string - slotted head, 12 fret, trapeze tailpiece. This is stunning! Reminiscent of early Leo Kottke. I'm embarrased to admit I never heard of this man before. Never have heard much from the British folk scene. I'm thinking I missed alot! He's been gone since 2004. I hope there's more to hear and learn. You Tube has provided some serious public services. This is one.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, I enjoyed that. But you know, anytime I hear something like that, I can't help but wonder what it would have sounded like ona Guild. Your 312, a 512, as you well know, there's just no better sounding 12 in the world than a good Guild.

Thanks a bunch,
West

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Very good find Mark.

I really need to work on some patterns. I have the one for Dust in the Wind, fairly well, as a pattern anyway. I'm looking into some Jim Croce stuff and Harry Chapin as I like their stuff.

This John Joyce was good for me though, because I still play mostly without picks or nails, just flesh. I find it the most comfortable for me, I just need to coax more tone out, and it's coming, very, very slowly.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Good one; thank you Mark!