First ever visit to a GC

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I took my wife and daughter shopping today in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. 10 hours of mall walking and nodding approval and signing reciepts. Oh well, now the Durango and the DeArmond are welcomed into our home. :D

I noticed a Guitar Centre and dropped the dynamic duo off at another mall while I doubled back to have a look see. Except for the lack of Guilds, I was pleasantly pleased.
I played a Taylor 914-CE, T5, Gibson J-45 (I think I have to play every J-45 I see), J-185-EC, Martin OMC-28E.

The one that was the most fun to play was the T5. I'm not convinced of the skinny feel, but it was cool. Had a very nice sound to it. The one that sounded the best to me was the Martin. It had a very full sound to me, good volume, clear ring, good projection.

I was in there for about an hour and one fella came over to ask me if I was OK, I said I was and off he went. No one bothered me. Another guy came over and asked me what I thought of the T5 while I was playing it, but that was it for human interaction. No pressure, I liked that.

There was one used Guild in the place, a CE100, I think I need to own one of these. I didn't play it because it was damn near to the ceiling on a rack .

Anyway I came out of there feeling that I have done extrememly well in my Guitar acquisitions. I looked at the prices of the guitars that I palyed, and how they felt etc. My DV plays every bit as good as any of those did, to me anyway.

I do really, really like the shape of the "folk" type guitar and am looking very much forward to my new Durango and the DeArmond. There will definately be an F body Guild in my future and I think the CE. I like the florentine cutaway.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That GC is obviously in some remote corner of the world if you weren't bothered or annoyed by teenaged EVH wannabees cranking up amps to 11. You had a better time than I usually do. Sounds like it was a very pleasant and productive outing, Graham. Way to go!

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Actually I didn't see any younger folks in this one. Most of the guys in there were my age or more. One guy I talked to had dropped his kid off at baseball practice and told he had some "errands" to run and would be back in about an hour. :D

I'm sure a different day will bring a different crowd.