Guild and Benedetto.

LeBlaze

Reaction score
This may be slightly off topic, but the Benedetto name has been associated with Guild guitars in the past, so here goes.
I am contemplating the purchase of a Benedetto "Benny" and I was jusy wondering if any of you LTG'ers have any insights or comments you might wish to share. I am curious mostly about the neck profile, and the A6 pickups they use. They look somewhat similar to my Nightbird, and have a chambered body, so in that respect they might be considered comparable in design. The quality is undoubtedly very high, as one would expect in an instrument with a $6000 list price.
I am selling off several of my guitars to finance this purchase, and would hate to end up with something that's "only" as nice as what I already have.
Thanks to all.
LeBlaze

ave del noche

Reaction score
I had a chance to play one of these a few years ago and was VERY impressed. You're correct that it is similar to the Nightbird with the chambered spruce/mahogany construction. I think the chamber design is slightly different than that of the Nightbird, but can't be sure. As for neck profile, it was slightly thicker than my Nightbirds, but still had the nice wide-spacing that I like.

It had a stronger, more even tone up and down the neck and was a definite step-up in quality (wood, workmanship, etc.), but I'd kind of expect that given the price. The pickups were great. Not sure if they were the KA's or not. Obviously the name assures that the guitar will be worth some money in the future, and they're already very rare. If I had the scratch, I'd likely buy one.