Newer Guild Serial Numbers

doc

Reaction score
Does anyone know where and if the serial numbers for guilds made in the 2000 to present are listed? I have searched the internet and have been unsuccessful locating them. Thanks :?

doc

Reaction score
Thanks. However, I was hoping that they would be in a lookup table on the web. :?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Me too, I've never been able to find them either. Fender would probably sell them to us. :wink:

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Me too, I've never been able to find them either. Fender would probably sell them to us. :wink:

West

Fender might sell it to us but I'm waiting to get mine from Hans in a signed, leather bound, limited LTG first edition. Case candy of the first order, probably need one copy for each guitar.

Meanwhile Hans is graciously sharing the necessary information, albiet one at a time as needed. Thank you Hans.

Wonder what the cutoff date on the new book is going to be, Westerly, Corona ? Tacoma ?? Sure is taking along time & might end up a pretty big book, likely be too much to expect it to include Geezerman, Ebony & the gang.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I think maybe that's part of the problem. Hans doesn't know whether to end it in China, Cailfornia or Washington. Maybe they'll end up back in Westerly ot Hoboken....maybe even New York...who knows?

West :p

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The Waverly models seem to show up mostly on eBay... :roll:

plaidseason

Reaction score
As a native Southern New Englander, I can't help but speak up.

The name of the town is Westerly and it's in Rhode Island. It's not the capital, at least not officially. But if you like beaches and arcades it might as well be. For Connecticut kids (east of New Haven) it continues to be the place to go when you want experience actual waves instead of those tempered by the whole of Long Island. Westerly has great beaches, lots of water slides; it used to have a really cool go-kart track. Westerly has great seafood too (I personally recommend Two Little Fish). You can also go on a whale watch or check out the lighthouse at Watch Hill. Finally, at 60 Industrial Drive (just of I-95), you can check the former home of the Guild Guitar Company.

-Chris

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Chris,

It was nobody's intention to offend the good folk from the land of Matthew Perry, John Carter Brown, and H.P. Lovecraft. The gang was just making reference to the thread below, which you perhaps missed.

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3058

Guilty of a little inside forum humor, i.e.,

"How's about a warm welcome for the famous 70s pop group from Switzerland -- ABBA!"

:wink:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The Light House at Watch Hill, Westerly RI:
[IMG:320:214]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/capnjuan/westerlyri.jpg[/img]
The pic was probably taken just before Chris and his friends showed up with their chicks, guitars, and two cases of 'Gansetts...have seafood on the way home.

Waverly? It's just more of the dumbing-down thing.

plaidseason

Reaction score
Graham said:
plaidseason said:
As a native Southern New Englander, I can't help but speak up.

-Chris

So, have you been to the Waverly Plant? :)

I've seen it, but only from a distance. It's surrounded by a tall wrought iron gate. And no one ever comes in or out . . . except for the railroad trains pulling up to pick up the giant crates of Guild guitars.