Guitars & TV advertising -- Gibson selling Toyotas ?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Watched American Idol last night commercials & all. Can't remember if it was a Nissan or Toyota commercial featuring a Flame Maple, cherry sunburst Les Paul. I says to the Redhead, "Look, Look!! "That's no First act Slash/Volkswagen guitar, What is that" when the ad shows a Crystal clear shot of the case with the Gibson logo. Ad even goes so far to mention the Les Paul by name.

Guitars were featured prominently in two more commercials during the broadcast.

So, it appears the advertising corporate bean counter types are using guitars in their ads to sell other products. Likey they have data indicating the guitar addiction phenomenon is bigger than just a few Geezers hanging out on the net. :shock:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
180px-Mobility-scooter.jpg

Guild is lauching this partnership. Could be useful.

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
should we suggest a few modifications?
G Shield logo on the front, just below the "Tip" Basket
Boom Mic on the other handle bar.
Of course both arms would have to raise to allow Picking
Built in PA
Guitar Case Rack
Perhaps a side care for Ebony End Pin
Just to start with :)

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
just below the "Tip" Basket

Tisn't a tip basket, it's to carry spare "'Guild Logo Incontinence Knickers".

Real funny huh ? How many have experienced the occasional "Urgency" of late?

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Like my Dad used to say...when you get older, you are always walking around thinking you forgot to do something, and looking for a place to take a pee.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The following occurred long before adult diapers.
My dad is a retired hospital administrator who ran retirement communities for 38 years. At one job interview in front of the board of directors he was asked his philosophy of care for the elderly. He said, "Give them at least one good meal and one good shit* every day, and all will be content." The 82 year-old chairman of the board smiled and said, "You're hired." Dad headed that company for 22 years until his own retirement.

I'll confess to some urgencies these days, Jeff, and more appreciation for Dad's philosophy every year.

*"glop" was substituted automatically by the LTG software in place of the actual more common vernacular vulgarity. (Thanks, Don.)

Reaction score
did you all see the guild acoustic case the guy threw in the back of his toyota (or was it nissan) in that commercial a few months back?

john_kidder

Reaction score
Standard preparation for meetings these days is a visit to the head first, both to forestall eventual urgency and to make damn sure I know where it is at all times should my continuous coffee (and what a fine diuretic we know that is!) interact with my 2-3 litres of water a day. Urgency? Well, I should say so.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
bluegrass jubilee said:
did you all see the guild acoustic case the guy threw in the back of his toyota (or was it nissan) in that commercial a few months back?
I remember the Dodge Magnum. Guy pulls up next to him and says, "Hey! Whatcha got in that thing?" And he answers, "Guitar, amp and a surfboard." It was a Guild case and Marshall amp. which happens to be my rig, too!
Haven't seen the Toyota yet.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
It is fine Geezers that produced the Stadium Pal and I surmise it is only a matter of time before these are formatted in such a way to be daily office attire for the busy executive. Hey think about the increase in production if line workers are fitted with these as well??????