Finally going to get my pain block in a few hours..

Reaction score
Some of ya'll know my history w/ my low back & neck & some don't. My neck flared up again 7 weeks back & my left arm started getting numb w/ electricity & pins & needles. Finally got a new MRI after Blue Cross got off their high ass & approved it after trying for 4 weeks. So, I'm going to get my neck injected & have a very nice IV cocktail. I hope this will knock some of this out for awhile. Ya'll keep fingers crossed & send out that healing MOJO. I know many here suffer from different health problems which can really take a toll on one's outlook on life. Mine sucks but I only have two choices, stay or go. I'd rather stay. :wink: I'm offf to take a few a.m. meds, feed the dog & go. See ya'll on the flip side.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Good luck Jake, I hope you get to feeing better.

cj

zom-zom

Reaction score
I don't know the cause of your pain, but I have a recommendation. I was diagnosed with herniated discs and used to have terrible back spasms, I would miss weeks of work and had a back-brace, ice-packs, Vicodins, etc.
I was also told that the degeneration would continue and my pain and disability would only increase. I considered surgery.

Then I was told to read "The Mindbody Prescription" by Dr. John Sarno. It totally changed my life, and for the past 5 years I have had no back pain. I work out regularly, lift heavy things, and have absolutely no pain. It will set you back $15, and it's well worth it. Give it a shot. It was like getting a new back. Seriously.

I wish I had told my cousin about it, he had similar problems and a few months ago went under the knife. He woke up paralyzed from the waist down and is now having to go to court, has his car setup for driving without legs. He has 5 young kids.

Good luck, and do check this book out. It sure worked for me.

Reaction score
:( zom-zom, thanks for the info. Just got back but it will take aeek or so to see what happens. May go thru 2 more.

My lumbar spine has ben operated on 4 times since 1976. I have practiced Karate since 1972 & went thru many injuries all over my body but I would get back up after being down or operated on & go back. It was my life 7 days week. The 2nd one left me w/ bad scar tissue around the nerve & my left leg doesn't feel like a leg. I also have several big bulging cervical discs & that is what I just had injected to try & relieve the numbness, etc. My neck & shoulders have been messsed up so many times that I couldn't turn my head. My shoulder muscles have locked up w/ spasms galore so many times I've lost count. If I go thru any more lumbar sugery, I will have to be fused & if I ever have my neck done probably the same.

All the ballistic, hard punching & kicking took a toll on my body, not including the many times it's been punched & kicked.

I'm on Oxycontin + so many other meds for depression, high lipids, etc that my Rx bill is running around $900 per month. It's a very visious circle & my life revolves around the pain & depression & really sucks the life out of me. I just hit 60 & still try to be as active as I can but over the last 5 years, it's geting harder to keep it up.

I think the only thing left for me is keep sucking it up 'til I'm no longer in this world. Thanks for the concern. Sounds like your cousin's doc made a very bad mistake & I feel for him. Being a RN, this doc did something to really screw up his spinal cord to produce paralysis. Most people get thru the sugery Ok but it does leave the rest of the spine vulnerable.

I may look into the book but it may be too late for me at this stage.