Blown away in Texas

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey West, your sure getting more than your share of high winds down there, You OK?

That storm is moving NE and hitting my old stomping grounds of Long Island in the form of a Noreaster. Coastal flood warning in effect through tonight.

Coming your way Graham?

Mother nature is letting us all know who is the boss. Sure hope damage is minimal and no loss of life.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
iamru02 said:
Coming your way Graham?

Mother nature is letting us all know who is the boss. Sure hope damage is minimal and no loss of life.

We're good, seems to be staying more south. A few flurries then the temps are going to moderate and winds are staying brisk but nothing too severe for November. :shock:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Fine here, just some thunderstorms. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area really got hammered. Central and Northcentral Texas are the areas that tend to really get the most severe weather. Jarrell, Wichita Falls, Dallas, they've all gotten some bad tornadoes through the years.

We did have one near here in Shreveport-Bossier several years ago. Just cold here now for this time of the year. 38 here last night. Beautiful day here today though.

West

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pretty rotten here in New Jersey! Rained like 8" yesterday, flooding everywhere, and this morning it was snowing golf balls!

It's supposed to rain for two more days. :shock:

Luckily the Guilds are on the second floor so it's going to take about another 15' of water till I have to worry :lol:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks G o' G, I was beginning to worry there for a minute....

South FL had stormy weather yesterday as the southerly tail dragged its way across the state; heavy rain, high winds, followed by unseasonably cool temps, high 40s early this a.m.

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad to hear all of you are ok, so far that is. Pretty nasty weather.

Grot, are you close to the Jersey Shores? I haven't heard from my best friend that lives at Port Republic. He rents a house from a guy that owns a small commercial dock thats within stones throw of the house. Usually he's ok in stuff like this getting protection from a lot of barrier islands but sometimes gets water in the yard from above normal high tides. Luckily his house is basically 2 story, the ground level floor being what would normally be a basement. Living qtrs are all on the second floor.
Talk about some beautiful scenery, especially sitting on the screened in porch playing wood music when the sun rises.

Didn't mean to leave any LTG brothers out of this post. Would be nice to hear from all of you, let us know your ok.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I live up in Central Jersey. Haven't heard too much about the Atlantic City area so I guess it's not too bad. Most of the flooding in the state is up north with the Passaic, Hackensack, Raritan and Delaware rivers overflowing their banks.

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
My friend in Port Republic is ok, water was a little over the dock but none in his yard.
One year, one of his daughters looked outside and when she saw a boat floating next to a tree in their yard, she said. "I'm not going to School". He looked outside and joking said, "yes you are, thats why the boat is there" :?
I guess it will take a little time for the rivers to calm down. Glad you and your Guilds are ok.