"Getting to kow you-u-u....Getting to know all about yo

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now that I've been here a while and am getting to know the fella's, (do we have any ladies here?) I was wondering if you all would be interested in doing something I've seen on other forums.

Would you share with us what you do for a living? (You can't all be retired!)

I'll go first;

I work for a company that manufacters commercial greenhouses. I'm a Mechcanical Designer by trade, but what I really do is interpert what Sales sold, and convert it into fabrication packages for the shop to produce and ship.

Here's our web site if you're interested; http://www.xssmith.com

Who's next?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Dang....if somebody had told me that if I messed with greenhouses, I'd wind up with a house full of splendid Guilds....

I'll think about outting myself; new to BBs in general and still getting used to and having fun with an electronic identity.

I've got a regular one too...but I've concluded that part of the pleasure of being a phantom is...well...being a phantom....

BTW: any interest in a G-branded, poorly fitting thumbpick...?

Best regards,

cj

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Cool thread. I am a carpenter/ cabinet maker now for some years. Also a "has been" full time musican...still part time...must admit it was too much " sex, drugs and Rock & Roll" that did me in! ( dont regret a thing) Now that I have settled down enough to behave myself, I have too much going on to chuck it all and go back on the road!....but, sometimes.... :wink:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
BTW: any interest in a G-branded, poorly fitting thumbpick...?
Too late, already got a box of 'em;
[IMG:600:800]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/unado/Finger-Picks.jpg[/img]

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I also play bass in a classic rock band.
[IMG:525:300]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/unado/CRB-Card.jpg[/img]

Guess what our favorite beverage is?

[IMG:800:600]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/unado/CR-Band.jpg[/img]

It's cool being able to play a different bass at every gig!

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The Guilds of Grot said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I also play bass in a classic rock band.
CR-Band.jpg

It's cool being able to play a different bass at every gig!

Gee Kurt, we're gonna have to find you an eBay site for shirts. :shock:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Did it come with batteries or an adapter? :lol:
Batteries as always, were extra!

Though I did have a couple of chicks come up to me at break time and ask me if I just came from work at WaWa. (Local convenience store) :shock:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
You're way too much G o' G!!!

Any of those thumbpicks actually fit without cutting off circulation?

No need to guess on your group's favorite string lube.

Couldn't tell from the pic but presumably you pals are playing Guilds too, no?

cj

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Any of those thumbpicks actually fit without cutting off circulation?
Not my fat thumb! More like a Pinky pick!

capnjuan said:
Couldn't tell from the pic but presumably you pals are playing Guilds too, no?

Nope, Fender Strat on the left and Gibson ES-335 on the right. Gretsch drums.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The thumbpick I have is kid size...cost me a ten-spot on eBay and doesn't fit...who would have thought to ask: 'Will this pick fit an adult?" Duh...no wonder they sold it...

I keep it with the rest of my (meager) Guildiana...thanks for making me feel like a cheapskate.....

Gonna tour FL any time soon? Bugs, warm outdoor beer, people turning left in front of you...what's not to like?

cj

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Gonna tour FL any time soon? Bugs, warm outdoor beer, people turning left in front of you...what's not to like?

Been to Florida, nice place to visit...wouldn't want to live there!

I like the change of seasons.

Hoping the season is going to change soon. (Oh yeah, that's a different thread http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3139)

Now back to this thread..... Anybody else want to pony up about their employment?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Stop it! You guys are killing me! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D

Occupation: I've been an IT geek for about 28 years. This after 8 years of trying to support myself as a musician. Took that long to decide I prefer my meals, ...you know,... daily. I've been specializing in computer security since 1990 and these days I'm an internal IT auditor for one of the major credit bureaus. No, I can't fix your credit report. My job is making sure no one can except you, and that no one sees it except the people you want to. Feelings about the job vary from pride and satisfaction to wondering if it's suitable work for an adult male human.

Back to it now.

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am an Electrical Engineer by education. I don't know a great deal about circuits as my speciality is related to antenna apertures and EM fields. I am doing significantly more management these days than design but I am still much closer to technical work than the business side of things.

I work in the defense industry and have a lot of pride in what that means especially after 9 11. My company's moto is: "We Protect those who Protect Us" as our equipment and systems do just that. Our company moto bonds all of us togther with a common purpose.

Our CEO is a former Marine. I firmly believe the Company will put the safety of the Warfighter ahead of all other criteria including the bottom line if it has to. The total US based size of the company is 40,000 out of 80,000 world wide.

The work is serious and significant. Lives and security matters. To relax my motto is "All Guild all the Time". I wish I had time to play in a weekend band but I can't seem to free up enough time to do it.

matsickma