Nice to be here

archiestone

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Everybody -
I have been a fixture at the FDP for quite a while and, with the recent news about Hans' ousting, realized I never registered here -- so I just did!
I still enjoy the FDP so you won't read any flame from me (about that, anyway.)

I have "known" Hans (in an online way) for a while and he has been very helpful in helping me date, value and identify various Guilds over the years.

Looking forward to stimulating/edifying/titillating discussions!
Archie

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Please welcome me, I need love

archiestone said:
Looking forward to stimulating/edifying/tittilating discussions!

You'll get plenty of that here !
Not to mention a great deal of silliness when the resident comedians turn up !

Be especially wary of this joker........

[IMG:72:97]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/209978611946043f6c6dde2.jpg[/img]

Welcome Archie.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Welcome Archie,
You might hear a little flame going on occasionally, but being the old geezers that we are, we tend to forget pretty quickly. :wink:

Enjoy yourself here!!

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Axually (Get it? Axually? Guilds?) I wore my Coastie-designed green Guild t-shirt for that pic, but I couldn't fit it into the size limits. It would have been better just to show my shirt.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Ah Yes!

Welcome! Don't listen to Coastie, no one is silly around here...we are all very serious Guildologists.

Just beware.......sometimes the out-patients gather here in force.......
and speak in strange tongues of Guildology & Guildese. Tis an externship of self-healing and at times severe cases of GAS. Cures are rarely forever and re-occurring GAS only leads to an over abundance of more guitar cases in closets.

When we can we call upon the Guildmeister, Sir Hans to help us see the light of Guild as we endevor to move towards the light!

Having nixed our own dentist's attempt to numb our pain, we seek to transcent dental medication in order to seek a higher plain or existance where we are all of one mind in our Guildness.

We seek the "G" logo spot within our our own being. We seek the cosmic beginning of the universe in the New York, Hoboken, Westerly, and yes even in the Corona and Tacoma creations of our hearts' very essence.

Besides that, HI!

HoboKen
(It's OK....I'll be alright in a minute......I think.....I hope!)

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Amen HoboKen.

I see one issue there that could pose a problem on the homefront. If I say to my wife that I'm just looking for the "G" spot with all of these guys, my days are numbered. :shock:

Reaction score
8) Hi archiestone, been seeing your name on the FDP & glad to see you here. I'm going to be civil & not bad mouth anyone regarding how they run their show. I still enjoy going to the FDP & get my Fender fix.

But, we have Hans here to help us w/ all or Guild questions which is great for LTG.

My avatar is what I looked like until 2/07. I've shaved off that big ass beard I've been sporting for the last 5 years.

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not sure if there is a time limit or prequalification to be on the welcoming committee but I've welcomed others and offer a welcome to you as well Archie. As a fairly new member, I'll just say the guys in here make ya feel right at home. Come on in, sit a spell, tell us bout your Guilds :)

d-rock

Reaction score
Welcome archie. I've seen your posts around the FDP for years. Good to have you with us.

I noticed you have a '73 S-90. I hesitated to buy one in a Florida pawn shop about 10 years ago for $350. Saw it and played it about 3 times. When I finally decided on it, it was gone. The only regret I've had with guitars.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the forum archiestone!

Glad to have another Guild fanatic in the bunch. :D

HoboKen

Reaction score
Gentlemen.......

I know I use that term loosely.......

However, I do use it......

I said "G' Logo Spot." It is you who have lowered the level of the venacular in you personal perceptions...Yes? As you mentally tumble down towards the profane, look up to the sacred "G Logo!"

......and seek forgiveness, least your very Guild soul be lost!

HoboKen....
of the lake...er...is that late??
No, its lake.....they say I'm all wet.

archiestone

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, thanks everybody.
d-rock-- My S-90 was a total find a few years ago. It has a somewhat ugly but functional headstock repair and is a true relic, sporting multiple dings, but is 100% original. The guy didn't really know what to ask for it, so I made a low offer. If I told you what I paid you'd just shake your head and never speak to me again.
Pic here: (hope it's ok to link pic from another forum)
http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=40091