"Limited Edition" Starfire IV

dklsplace

Reaction score
Weird. Is it my monitor, or are there gold pickups on that with all the other hardware being chrome?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Can somebody tell me please, what (apart from the colour - Emerald Green ?), is "special" about this guitar ?

And, I wonder when Buddy's association with Guild ended ?

Buddy's association with Guild was never ended. When Fender took over Guild in 1995, he became an official Fender Stratocaster endorser as well.

dklsplace said:
Weird. Is it my monitor, or are there gold pickups on that with all the other hardware being chrome?

The ad is not very clear but it should be all-gold hardware!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hans.

I knew about Buddy's association with Fender, and his Signature Strat, but he now plays a Martin Signature model for acoustic stuff.

I know Buddy played Guild acoustics too, and in particular, a 12 string.

His having a Martin signature model, when the Corporation-association remains, strikes me as most peculiar !

Come to think of it, I remember seeing one of those SF IV Special Editions on Gbase sometime ago.
If I remember rightly, the dealer wanted a hatful of currency for it, and I recall thinking that it had mixed gold/chrome hardware and p/u's on it as Don suggests.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This is a very cool photo of a Starfire IV, and of course, of Buddy Guy! I wonder if the color was custom made for him?

If you want to hear some wild playing on a Starfire, pick up Buddy's "Stone Crazy" - great stuff!

walrus