1965 Starfire 2 Questions

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
I have played and admired Guild guitars ever since I bought my first one in 1969 (a brand new F-30). I finally took the plunge and bought a 1965 Starfire 2 on eBay yesterday. (Based on the number of views I'm sure some of you know which one it is) It appears to be in great shape and all original, but I'm hoping you can help me with a few tech questions.

1. I noticed the bridge leaned toward the pickups (which I think is common with archtops?). To remedy this I restrung, checked bridge placement for proper intonation and simply held the bridge straight while bringing her to pitch. It sits straight up now tho I don't know if it will stay that way. Anything else to do about this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. It has the proper knobs (black with "Volume" and "Tone" printed on them) but 3 of the knobs are missing the silver and black G logo in the center. Can I transfer this center piece from another Guild knob? If so, are all the center logos the same, and how are they held down (glue)?

3. The finish seems to having checking. Is it OK to polish these old finishes, or is it better just to wipe it down periodically with a damp soft cloth?

Thanks in advance. I think these old Guilds are way undervalued, and I am excited to own and play one.
Mike