Coining a phrase - "Playing Barbies"

guildzilla

Reaction score
I thought about this the other day when I was adjusting the intonation on an electric and realizing that I just like playing around with the Kahler bridges. And just about any other guitar chore these days.

I'm digging it too much.

I wipe. I polish. I adjust. And lately it's gotten worse. I'm taking the pickguards off for a few days, then putting them back on, swapping different knobs on and off the stuff. Thankfully, I'm too cheap to change strings too often.

And suddenly I realized to my horror: "Damn, Zilla, you're Playing Barbies with these guitars, dude. Here's an idea - put the rag down and play the thing."

Changing their little hats, taking them to the beauty shop, letting them wear each other's outfits. Just like playing Barbies.

So, reality check. I don't mind being a bum guitar player. But I don't want to be a (shudder) Barbie Collector.

Kap'n

Reaction score
:lol:

That's funny.

No changing guitars until you play at least three chords in a row, young man.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
There are Barbies like the ones in my mother-in-law's house, filling an entire bedroom, still in their original packaging, and never been played with.

And there are the Barbies missing hair and eyes, with mud and crayon all over them, with mismatched outfits - maybe even wearing a GI Joe uniform - that get played with all the time.

I guess there's a place for both, but the sign says: "Guild - Made to be played!

Congratulations on the epiphany, 'zilla! (Yeah, I remember, Graham - "Epiphone"! :D )

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
But oh, how I wish I still had my original issue GI Joe from '65 or whatever year it was. Probably worth what one of my Guilds is, if not more. :shock:

But yeah, Zilla, quit screwing around and play the dadburn things :lol:

guildzilla

Reaction score
Has the Redhead really hijacked Jeff's computer?

Gentlemen, I believe we've stumbled on a way to attract female members.

Kap'n

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
I still have my teddie.

Doesn't surprise anybody, does it !

My brother still has his teddie. No, not the one he wears on the weekends, the one he had when he was a kid.

The legs are almost removed from the bodies.

Long, long ago, he discovered the whiplike action of a jointed stuffed animal with glass eyes.

Strangely enough, so did his younger brother.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Has the Redhead really hijacked Jeff's computer?

Hijacking is perhaps a bit harsh, she walked in wanting to know what I was laughing about. So I shared.

Well, I guess she did sort of take over at the end when she started typing, She didn't ask.

We got two kinds of barbies here, There's the new one the Grandsons haven't disassembled yet & all the others. Don't know why those heads never go back on the same.

More mysterious yet is why wimmin don't throw headless Barbie's in the trash.