Lovely weather we having, eh?

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
:lol: That would be pretty tough for them to do. When attacked, armadillos roll up like a potato bug, or roly poly. Nothing to bite but a slick armored shell.

West

That's only a certain type of Armadillo that rolls into a ball. The 3 banded type, but none of the others can do this. The nine banded is the most common, at least where I reside. They sure can run like a "Raped Ape", though!

They are all Lawn and Garden destroyers, dig, dig, dig, and tear out the Bahia, or St. Augustine roots, and shrubs etc.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
28 degress in beautiful sunny Southern California when I went out to get the paper this morning, expecting colder tomorrow. We're out picking our oranges so they don't freeze on us!

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
So.... this morning Melvin the dog (the handsome guy on the left) tore out of his house here in sunny Soutthern California as he does every morning around 5:30. Only thing was, the sprinklers went off last night turning our front walkway into a solid sheet of ice. Forty feet of hysterical scrambling later he was flat on his butt in the street wondring what the hell happened. He had a stupider expression on his face than George Bush had that time he was leaving a stage in China and walked into a wall. He didn't think it was funny but I couldn't stop laughing. Next time I opened the door for him to go out he just stood there, then turned and went to another door.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yeah, right. This is the same dog who will try to climb a tree that he saw a squirrel climb three months ago. This is also the only retriever on the planet that doesn't fetch, and the only dog with webbed toes that won't swim. He's a total friggin' genius -- but we love him just the same.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I had a lab that wouldn't swim. Remedied that though. Found an attractive female lab that you couldn't keep out of the water, had the owner bring her over. First time I threw the dummy, he beat her to it.

West