Lovely weather we having, eh?

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I heard today that this mild "winter" has the bulbs sprouting in the Netherlands already, Hans?

It has been an odd one, that's for sure. Here today it was +5, the wife and I and Murphy went for a nice 6k walk in the park.

I actually saw three maple trees loaded with buds, as if they were going to leaf in a week or so. While it is nice to enjoy, I wonder what the long term impact will be? There is already a stomach bug running semi-rampant throughout Canada, probably due in part to the fact that we have not had a deep freeze to kill anything off.

Animals are confused and are starting to mate, which could spell trouble for them if and when a freeze does set in.

Lack of snow and it's subsequant runoff will leave many lakes and watersheds and probably the Great Lakes at even lower levels this year. Shipping was having difficulty in the last couple of years due to lake levels being lower making them lightening the loads on the ships to prevent bottoming, thus requiring more trips to deliver the goods, reducing profits, yada, yada, yada.......

For all of the "good" things about the mild winter I've been enjoying, I don't think the end result is going to be as enjoyable.

Hmmmm, +8 and rain tomorrow...

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham,

Nice to hear you're basking in the tropics, it's freaking cold here, & interesting slick spots are weeding out the weak. Normal, Darwinian natural selection.

Few if any reports of outdoor mating.

Current conditions:

Fair
19°F
(-7°C)

Temps "F"

Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows 10 to 19. Northeast wind to 10 mph.

Friday: Sunny. Highs 27 to 34 light wind..

Friday night: Partly cloudy. Lows 12 to 21 light wind..

Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs 33 to 40 light wind..

Saturday night: Mostly cloudy. Lows 18 to 25 light wind..

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is in Winterpeg and it's a tad cool there. -32C presently with a wind chill of -48C, actually once you get that low the C or the F don't matter. Although once it gets that cold I think it's always referred to a F'n degrees.

I'm glad that at least part of the country is getting their "normal" weather. :D

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for you guys!! Here is Alabama it is 60 F (17 C) with light overcast conditions.

Of course come summer time you guys can laugh at me!!
8)

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
And by the way, I don't have to wait until summer to laugh at people from Alabama. :D

LMAO....common response from people above the Mason-Dixon line!!

I am feeling fine. My biggest difficulty is reigning myself in and not doing too much. I feel too good to by laying on my butt!!

Thanks for asking Graham.
8)

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham said
Too cold for the Redhead eh?

I'm not sure, I spoke with Willie about it briefly & we decided it unnecessary to risk the subject with Red.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
When is Graham's Luthier lady due to check in, I'm real curious about the old Hoboken Sunburst. :roll:

Speaking of squirrels, my neighbors have three of these creatures in their backyard. Local squirrel population doesn't seem to have much experience with dogs this fast, dogs accelerate silently to about 35 mph across the back yard & pick squirrels off the top of a six foot fence, known score last Summer was Squirrels 0 & Borzoi's 5. Magnificent dogs, possums scored low as well.

Red's new kitty best show some discretion where he decides to exercise his feline curiosity.

[img:932:692]http://aldemoor.borzoi.net/Dogs/Tigger/Tigger3half.jpg[/img]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: That would be pretty tough for them to do. When attacked, armadillos roll up like a potato bug, or roly poly. Nothing to bite but a slick armored shell.

West