Not a bad endorsement

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Man, that was great Graham, Eric makes that little Songbird sound pretty good, doesn't he?

Thanks for posting,
West

dklsplace

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Eric makes that little Songbird sound pretty good, doesn't he?

Didn't see Clapton doing much in that one. Most of the picking work was Mark. Definitely a show I'd pay to see!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention. I get a thrill out of watching Clapton hold a guitar! :D George Strait has made a living for years doing that....something tells me Eric can outplay George though. :lol:

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Definitely a show I'd pay to see!

Watched this 4 or 5 times. Really interesting.

For some reason it's sticking in my mind, pretty & smooth as Knoffler is, it's mostly scales. Scales maybe but magnificently played.

Looks like the Guilds in question have nice wide fingerboards. Wouldn't mind hearing discussion on these "Songbirds"? .

It

dklsplace

Reaction score
Jeff said:
Wouldn't mind hearing discussion on these "Songbirds"?

I put them in my watch list every time they come up on ebay. There was one awhile back that I should've bid on, & thought about starting a thread in the funny papers section, "How to de-value a Guild." It was in pristine condition, but had been signed by a heavy metal band. Forget who now, but I've seen a couple other Guild's & DeArmonds signed by the same band. Stupid thing went ridiculously cheap. :?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
You know, you may be onto something big there Don. We've been going about this all wrong.

Instead of correcting and enlightening these Ebay Guild sellers, telling them how valuable their Guilds are, we need to start telling them how inferior they are and how they'll never get their reserve! Do that long enough, and it conjures up visions of $500 D100s and $75 D25s! It may take a while, but I think we can Git R Done.

West

dklsplace

Reaction score
Queensryche! If that's the correct spelling :roll:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Queensryche! If that's the correct spelling :roll:

Hey Don, they're coming to Mt Pleasant in February. If you scurry down there with an arm full of Guilds for them to sign, and then post 'em up on eBay, you could lose thousands. :)

It's just hard for me to figure out where to insert a Guild in an Iron Maidenish Band? (Darryl and Coastie should have a heyday with those words)

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more about the video with Clapton and Knofler playing the Guilds. Would that / could that become a marketing ploy for Fender? Get the regular users of Fender guitars to use the other names in the family, including Guild, more predominately?

The roll out of the other Guild acoustics has been very quiet. I didn't hear anything and only when Jeff mentioned that the line had been added to recently did I notice.

They certainly do not seem to be pushing anything at the moment.

john_kidder

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Instead of correcting and enlightening these Ebay Guild sellers, telling them how valuable their Guilds are, we need to start telling them how inferior they are

I'm willing to bet that half the sudden rise in DV-52s and their ilk is because of pumping here on this board.

So I'd just like to complain here and now that all these damned Guild guitars are just not worth the powder to blow them to smithereens. Worthless, really, the prices are just bid up by a self-interested cabal in a global pump-and-dump scheme.

Billy has already volunteered, with unbounded generosity, to take discarded Franz pickups off people's hands so that their morals don't get corrupted by selling them into this inflated market and so becoming part of the grand fraud. I'll volunteer, thought it does pain me, to do the same for those Gruhn type Guilds people have lying around taking up space in the living room. Don't worry about how hard it is for me - it's enough to know that I'm doing service to the community.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
john_kidder said:
[quote="West R Lee":04813]Instead of correcting and enlightening these Ebay Guild sellers, telling them how valuable their Guilds are, we need to start telling them how inferior they are

I'm willing to bet that half the sudden rise in DV-52s and their ilk is because of pumping here on this board.

So I'd just like to complain here and now that all these damned Guild guitars are just not worth the powder to blow them to smithereens. Worthless, really, the prices are just bid up by a self-interested cabal in a global pump-and-dump scheme.

Billy has already volunteered, with unbounded generosity, to take discarded Franz pickups off people's hands so that their morals don't get corrupted by selling them into this inflated market and so becoming part of the grand fraud. I'll volunteer, thought it does pain me, to do the same for those Gruhn type Guilds people have lying around taking up space in the living room. Don't worry about how hard it is for me - it's enough to know that I'm doing service to the community.[/quote:04813]

Why does it sound like you're still sitting around a cowboy campfire? :)

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Bm2xvuzCA

These guys might have a chance if they practice a bit more eh?

Sorry Graham, I didn't see this before I posted it in Miscellaneous!

Cal