Craigslist

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So far I've not discovered a way to do a genereal all area search, Just slug it out city by city.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Whew !!! Quite a few Guilds on Craiglist nationwide. Several of them I'll betcha are screamin deals.

If ya'll think E bay presents some honesty & integrity issues better take warning, to the best of my knowledge Craigslist has absolutely no dispute process or protection.

Here's part of their discussion on fraud:

Avoiding scams and fraud craigslist help forum

You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:
DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.

CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"

NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)

AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Whew !!! Quite a few Guilds on Craiglist nationwide. Several of them I'll betcha are screamin deals.

If ya'll think E bay presents some honesty & integrity issues better take warning, to the best of my knowledge Craigslist has absolutely no dispute process or protection.

Yes but...

In all my dealings on Craigslist as a buyer or seller, I've never had a problem. That includes buying and selling sports tickets cross country, and one of my favorite purchases ever, my X-175. Would this happen on eBay? The seller brought the guitar to my office, then told me to keep it for a while to see if I liked it. We've since become friends and we plan to start jamming together soon.

dklsplace

Reaction score
David, I'm not sure I'm getting how that page is any different. I select a region, or all, search for Guild in musical instruments, & it simply opens all off the selected area's mainpages. I'm not getting any search results unless I go into each one & do the search again. Am I missing something?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble now, it worked fairly easily the first time,

john_kidder

Reaction score
No problems here - works like a charm - enter <guild><for sale/wanted><musical instruments>, check the locations, and up they come. Nifty.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
It seems to work better when you check several individual locations instead of checking "all" or a region.

I just tried Los Angeles. Atlanta, SF, Seattle, Chicago and New York and it worked fine.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Another thing to do is get an RSS reader. I use http://sage.mozdev.org/. Do your search and then save the results in the format that the reader understands, open the reader to display the results. It's a bit cumbersome but not too much.

It beats the heck out of individual searched.

doc

Reaction score
Am I imagining this or that Crazedlist.org isn't working anymore? Does anyone know what happened? I too good to be true?

:cry:

dklsplace

Reaction score
It seems to be on & off doc. Try again another time.

doc

Reaction score
Yea, most of the time Crazedlist.org for me it seems to be not working. However, the person mentions you can create a RSS feed for it. I use Firefox, the best browser out there and it has an add in that allows RSS feeds. So I followed the directions and get the information in an RSS feed and its actually easy and better then the other way. 8)