When and how did you acquire your first Guild?

Reaction score
When I was 13 I wanted to learn to play the guitar. My dad was a caterer and approached one of the band leaders at a weddings he was caterering and asked him if he knew of a guitar to purchase for his son (me). One week later he came home with a soft leather case containing my new (used) guitar that he paid $250.00 for... I opened the case and immediately fell in love with a Guild CA 100 Blonde. This guitar had a floating pickup and played wonderfully with or without amplification. Unfortunately when I was 15 I was trying to get into a band and the CA 100 caused alot feedback.... Stupidly, as I really wanted to get into that band, I traded the Guild to a friend of mine for a Fernandez Strat .... Really stupid of me.... I have been searching for a CA 100 ever since... I often see CE 100's on GBASE or EBAY... but never a CA 100.....

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Louis and welcome: don't know the CA 100 model but many others here and I know that 'what was I thinking' thing all too well ... a little more forgiveable I guess when you're young ...but still feels the same .. :cry:

cj

Reaction score
I was looking for a 12 string, but I only knew about taylors and martins. After some ebay searching (and a peek into this here forum...) I knew I had to have a guild. I wanted the 'lifetime guitar', you know, where I bequeath it to my grandkids on my deathbed. So, I took a job as a MCAT teacher and scraped together enough to buy a beautiful F112 off eBay for $750 + $35 for the setup. She just sings...I couldn't be happier.