Christmas for A Beginner...

hideglue

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone with a 'first electric guitar' on their list.
I actually have one of these....and with a few slight mods become quite usable. THIS deal is beyond killer.

EDIT: Nevermind, Sold Out

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the deals on entry level electrics these days. Where was this stuff when I was a kid,

All I got was a "Silvertone" (as in Sears Roebuck" F hole archtop. Had the resonance of a coffee can half full of water. I thing I got 10 or 15 bucks for it when I traded it for my old Karl Hauser classic. Thinking back the dealer probably gave me too much.

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Bought My Fender Deluxe Reverb amplifier and guitar in the summer of '68.

They were both used, but excellent condition, and I paid $160 for the amp complete with casters, and one of those tilt back stands.

The guitar was $100 bucks, and I sure wish that I had kept them both.

[img:45:50]http://www.macaddict.com/forums/img/smilies/bang.gif[/img]

HoboKen

Reaction score
I've been lookin' around for a good..... no, make that "very good" DVD/CD based Guitar playing lessons set for my grandchildren.

After months of looking and not finding one that can really take a true beginning guitar player all the way to mastering the guitar with classical andTravis finger picking techniques and other advanced stuff, I've finally found one.

Check out Steve Krenz's "Learn and Master Guitar" from Legacy Learning Systems. It's not cheap at $200. But, it is a very very good and complete package!

Now, does anyone know of the best metronome to get to put in this beginner's package I'm puting together. The guitars will be 3/4 sized bodied Yamaha Classical beginners' guitars......with the caviat of "If you do learn to master the basics, Grandpa will up-grade your Yamaha to a Guild full-sized guitar."

HoboKen

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
HoboKen said:
I've been lookin' around for a good..... no, make that "very good" DVD/CD based Guitar playing lessons set for my grandchildren.

After months of looking and not finding one that can really take a true beginning guitar player all the way to mastering the guitar with classical andTravis finger picking techniques and other advanced stuff, I've finally found one.
HoboKen

Do you actually have this programme now Ken? Is your take on it based on that fact?

It's an impressive read and it sounds as if there is a lot of info with the set, certainly if you pay for lessons, there can be much value in a system such as this.

How old are the kids and when will they start this? You should keep us posted on their progress, once they get their Guilds, they should be posting and telling us all about them. :D

HoboKen

Reaction score
Yes, I have the DVD/CD and book lessons set and I reviewed it first-hand, going to the advanced finger picking lessons to get an idea of how close to "mastering" it came. then I went bck to the very beginning lessons and had a friend's son, who has never touched a guitar before try to get the basics. He did so in a couple of hours. It's a well tought out package.

My grandkids are 11 and 8 years old. Thus, the need for a 3/4 scale guitar. Hand-size is an important consideration here.

HoboKen