Question for Hans.......

danerectal

Reaction score
I'd say the value would probably be affected by a refin. In my experience, if it doesn't affect playability, it's not worth the trouble.

sixstring

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput guys. It's not that I'm uptight though. As with most of us I wasn't born wealthy so I just need to be careful with my funds.and altho I haven't ruled it out in the future I don't gig so a refinish would be just for me,and I do have other hobbies. :) Also if it didn't hurt the value or increased it I'd save up to have it done.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hans,
Do you know how many F212 CNTs were produced?
Thanks...

Just noticed I posted in the wrong place. Moved thread to acoustics...

Daktari

Reaction score
Hans
I have tried contacting you via your website without luck... so I will try here in hopes that you check this thread out occasionally...

I have a '76 Artist Award that needs repair...
(you can see pics and check out the original thread here
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9695 )

Can you repair this, or recommend someone in Europe (i live in Germany) who can?

Thanks

Daktari

Reaction score
hans, I have a B-301, and I was wondering how to raise the strings at the bridge because the E string is touching the last fret, so the e- string will only play one note.
I also have a more serious problem.
While Finishing my bass and working on removing the bridge, I noticed one of the screws that holds the bridge would not come out, it would turn, then make a click noise then turn again. I finally got it to come out, but the metal piece that the screw goes into came out with it. How do I reattach the thing that the screw screws into? It is still in one piece and is not broken. Also, is there a way to safetly take out the other thing the screw screws into without damaging the bass? Should I glue it in? Any assistance would be appreciated.

the hole on the right is how it should be, whereas the hole on the left, the metal thing is out.
album.php

these 2 pics are of the screw in the thing the screw goes into
album.php

album.php

this picture is of just a screw ( the one not stuck)
album.php