What's for dinner?

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
drednut said:
easy to make and delicious to eat! Sweet & Sour Porkchops:

In a glass baking dish, cover the bottom with your favorite sauerkraut. Sear the chops in a hot pan for a minute, just to brown the surface, then lay them on top of the sauerkraut. Spread a jar of your favorite applesauce on top of the chops. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 1 hour, and you'll have the juiciest most flavorful pork chops you ever tasted :D

These I have to try, thanx.

Graham

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Blue Cheese dressing

:? Still think this a strange thread for a Guitar forum, hope the Taylor guys don't get a hold of it. Might not be a good image for Tacoma Guilds. Then again ??

Just the same, I got this recipie for Blue Cheese salad dressing from a young man I hired away from the Red Lion hotel chain.

The wife & I were hosting a family reunion & had 60 some people coming for a bash & blue cheese salad dressing was high on the menu requests.
Recipie makes 2 quarts of the stuff & storage life is not all that great. 2 weeks maybe 3 & it starts to develop a life of it's own. Doesn't turn out quite the same when mixed in smaller quantities but it's still some of the best I've tasted.

I have had dozens of requests for recipie so it must be ok.

Better, legible picture here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictu ... 2098562063

[img:338:450]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p30419f9e26101f248a2036694f21ca30/ebc399be.jpg[/img] [img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pe9f2c64bd258bd491b41e0071e5a4a31/ebc36793.jpg[/img] Picture on the wall, left is in rembrance of "Rocky" the finest Canine company I ever kept. Set the standard for all that followed & none compared. I'm a little misty right now recalling some of the days. Good dogs live not nearly long enough.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Re: Blue Cheese dressing

Jeff said:
:? Still think this a strange thread for a Guitar forum, hope the Taylor guys don't get a hold of it. Might not be a good image for Tacoma Guilds. Then again ??

Their loss

Jeff then said:
[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pe9f2c64bd258bd491b41e0071e5a4a31/ebc36793.jpg[/img] Picture on the wall, left is in rembrance of "Rocky" the finest Canine company I ever kept. Set the standard for all that followed & none compared. I'm a little misty right now recalling some of the days. Good dogs live not nearly long enough.

I agree totally. Looks from the picture Rocky was a black lab Jeff? They don't come more loyal, even when you're pulling your fingers out of a missed chord, they've stayed in the room with you, unlike the rest of the family. :shock:

Thanks

Graham

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
black lab

Black he was with a head big as a washtub. The minute he saw you handling a shotgun or working on the boat he was out the back & in the truck.

I worked evenings a lot and univited strangers never hung around long when the wife & kids where home alone.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Good old chicken cacciatore this evening with buttered egg noodles and warmed baguette.

Also making first batch of "snack", or Chex Mix or "nuts & bolts"

Roast beef and yorkshires tomorrow with horse radish steeped mashed potatoes and sprots. Hmmm.

I think I need to get Jumbo guitar just to stand behind.

Graham

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Tonight's menu will be........a 2lb. Sirloin steak, rubbed, and then grilled medium on the grill, and cut into 1-1/2 x 4 strips, top with A-1 sauce.

Fresh sweet onion marinated and undercooked to slightly crisp.

A fresh green salad made with Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, green peppers, green olives, and Italian dressing.

Baked russet potatoes, with butter and fresh ground black pepper.

California Merlot with a twist of lime......and more wine!!!

Inexpensive, delicious, and filling! 8)

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Found it!

Cold Broccoli Salad

1 bunch of broccoli, broken into pieces
1 jar of bacon bits (or 1 pound crisp, crumbled bacon)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2-3 Tbsp sugar

Mix broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, and raisins together.
In separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, white vinegar, and sugar together.
Pour over broccoli mixture and toss together.
Refrigerate overnight.

HoboKen

Reaction score
I like "FOOD!".... In all its forms and tastes!! 'Cept for real hot stuff...as in tiny peppers and a curry that burn a house down and do it burning twice!

I am a real "Round The World In 80 Trays" klind of guy. Italian tonight , Indian tomorrow, German on New Years, Mexican the day after, Chinese chick-en & brock-lee (enter the Flagon....of rice beer) yes! Etc.....Etc......"I never met a quesine I didn't like!"

Now my friends.....that's what's for Dinner!!

HoboKen

yettoblaster

Reaction score
HoboKen said:
I like "FOOD!".... In all its forms and tastes...

Yeah, I'm kind of an omnivore myself.
Lately turkeys have been in the danger zone (the intake manifold).

It ain't pretty I'll tell ya.
Passing out halfway through a tryptophane binge gets gravy up your nose. Waaa...

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Holiday Time = Let's Eat More :D

What does your holiday eating cuisine include?

My wife is Ukranian so the Christmas Eve feast is, not traditional, but it's ours. We have cabbage rolls, perogy, marinated chicken and pork skewers and various smaller sides.

Christmas is Turkey and all of the trimmings including my wife's awsome stuffing with dried fruits and nuts.......

Boxing day is my turn to cook, Tortiere (I'm making the filling now), creton, shephard's pie (no real shephards are hurt making this), mince meat tarts (I shot the mince myself :wink: )

Graham

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's my latest creation:

Blue cheese & crab stuffed baked jalapeno poppers. :shock: They actually went over real big.

yettoblaster

Reaction score
I invited an item today by accident:

Microwave turkey leftovers with waffle batter on top by mistake (thought it was the leftover gravy)!

Not as bad as it sounds. The souffle crepe turkey "thing" was edible, as the waffle batter kicked, not knowing the difference in heat sources.

Not sure I'd start a resturant chain behind this, but I could sell it to some TV chef?

Ooops. Guess I should have not tipped my hand. You guys won't beat me to the patent office will ya? :roll: