60 CE100BDP In action

billydlight

Reaction score
Hey Fellas he is a little clip of my band The Billy D. Light Trio. We are playing "Walk Don't Run" and "Johnny B. Goode" We have the added bonus of my 7 year old son on drums and he ROCKS. The picture is a little dark but the Beautiful Franz Coil tone comes blasting through.

For the record I am using a real 63 Fender tube reverb and a 1959 Standel 50L15 all tube amp.

love to jear your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJOwqCmtHAM

dklsplace

Reaction score
That's fantastic Billy! Had my 6 year old watching this one too. 8)

Squawk

Reaction score
That's just great - hope your son sticks with it!

Great tone as well! If you ever need a ringer for bass (I'm in the Trenton area), let me know :)

billydlight

Reaction score
YES Nice catch I forgot to mention the bass player is playing my Fully hollow Late 60's Guild M80 Bass

Century Bob

Reaction score
Billy, I love your tone. How much of your sound is the Franz pickups vs the Super reverb? Your sound(not so much style) is a lot like the Paladins and Seatsniffers. I think I`m going to have to start looking for a vintage x175 next.

billydlight

Reaction score
My Standel is a GREAT sounding amp but it is only amplifying what is a great sounding guitar. That guitar sounds great through ANY amp I have a Vibroking and a Deluxe Reverb, as well as several Gibson amps and that guitar works with all of them.

Guilds with Franz pickups are the best!

We do a lot of Rockabilly as well as Surf and Rock N Roll. My style covers all of that ground, as well as Brit Inv, and Pop.

I even play Hendrix on that guitar. I only use that amount of Reverb on the surf stuff. :twisted: