Baritone Guitar

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
For a number of years I have had a passing interest in the Baritone Guitar. The other night I was on the unoffical Tacoma site and one thread lead to Kotaro Oshio playing "Fight" on a Tacoma Baritone.

I don't know what model that is but it sure sounds different coming out of a baritone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQWLr6RxAbw

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
P,

That was great. Very jazzy with some of that "creative tapping" thrown in that Hans posted here recently.

Thanks,
West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I noticed the oither day Tacoma Guitars has two models on the other end of the scale, the Papoose & the Chief. Little guitars, tuned to "A". real short scale lengths like 19 "

The attached article from Seattle Times, 2002 makes some interesting references to Gruhn having some input on Tacoma Guitar's designs, particularly the little guitars.

Also some interesting stats on total industry sales & production.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacifi ... cover.html

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
NIce article Jeff! I am thinking about getting a decent 3/4 scale for my 11 year old son and I was thinking about this one.

Showed a picture to the wife and she said, "it looks like a dork!" There is no acounting for taste is there!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
P,

For some reason I have never picked up the strange looking Tacoma guitars I've seen in shops.

Might have to take a closer look. They are pretty common, new, in shops here.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Somewhere here Mo posted a link to one of the UTGF members playing a baritone Tacoma (least I think it was a baritone). It was outstanding, but for some reason, I'm not able to search on his posts, while everyone else's seem to work.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ah ha! You see, we haven't told you about the secret "Administrator Preventer", have we? I'll bet your "Member Preventer" works a little better though.

West :lol:

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Somewhere here Mo posted a link to one of the UTGF members playing a baritone Tacoma (least I think it was a baritone). It was outstanding, but for some reason, I'm not able to search on his posts, while everyone else's seem to work.

Don,
The link above is from Mo and I think it might be the one you have seen before.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Nope, that's not the one. The other was just an audio file of a forum member, & a different song. Is this youtube link a member of the other forum? I haven't been there in awhile.

dklsplace

Reaction score
AHA!!! Here it is...another thread started by P back in April.

Previous Baritone thread

Both audio files Mo posted are UTGF forum members. I'm particularly fond of the second one.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Beautiful music, I too especially enjoyed the 2nd post. I know that it is another forum, but what exactly does "UTGF" stand for?

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Unofficial Tacoma Guitar Forum ??

Funny, West, when I browse their forum for Guild references I find your tracks all over the place.0

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
OK, yea....I got on there a few times some time back to see what the Tacoma folks were saying about Guild moving there. Haven't been there in quite some time. MY LOYALTY LIES WITH LTG! :D

West