How can you get tone like this with a Guild?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl,

Sorry about your poon tang problem.

Thanks for the link, some really nice stuff.

I surfed it a bit & this fell out. Interesting hobby this fella has with a video camera & Radio Controlled float plane.

He's got a nice piece of Lake Powell set to a Rock & Roll. Might be of interest to some. Pretty spectacular place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z9dJYkpesE&NR

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl,

Sorry about your poon tang problem.

Thanks for the link, some really nice stuff.

I surfed it a bit & this fell out. Interesting hobby this fella has with a video camera & Radio Controlled float plane.

He's got a nice piece of Lake Powell set to a Rock & Roll. Might be of interest to some. Pretty spectacular place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z9dJYkpesE&NR

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeff,

I didn't know you could take off and land an ultralight in the water.

How do you know about Lake Powell? It's one of the most striking places I've ever seen. It's like a lake on the moon.

Was the music by U 2?

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeff,

I didn't know you could take off and land an ultralight in the water.

How do you know about Lake Powell? It's one of the most striking places I've ever seen. It's like a lake on the moon.

Was the music by U 2?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl,

I know about Lake Powell as a younger man with few responsibilities, a little bit of money and a private pilot's license.

A buddy & I bought a 4 place Piper in the 70's, learned to fly & cross countried several times to Minnesota & back. We had the plane for 8 or 9 years got a real good look at just a whole bunch of the Western US from about 6000 ft. Remember when gas was a dollar? Wasn't much of a family activity & sold the plane shortly after children 2 & 3 started school.

Found Lake Powell on the way back via Mt Rushmore & Salt Lake one time. Stopped for gas at a little place called Moab, Utah. A local pilot asked where we were headed & he recommended the route. Flew the whole thing from Moab, Utah thru the Grand Canyon all the way to Vegas.

From the air, Lake Powell is surreal. The contrast from the vivid Aqua Green water & the terrain is fabulous and it's huge !!!

ps. I don't think the video was shot from an ultralight, I think it is a RC model airplane. Either way it's a cool bit. [/quote]

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl,

I know about Lake Powell as a younger man with few responsibilities, a little bit of money and a private pilot's license.

A buddy & I bought a 4 place Piper in the 70's, learned to fly & cross countried several times to Minnesota & back. We had the plane for 8 or 9 years got a real good look at just a whole bunch of the Western US from about 6000 ft. Remember when gas was a dollar? Wasn't much of a family activity & sold the plane shortly after children 2 & 3 started school.

Found Lake Powell on the way back via Mt Rushmore & Salt Lake one time. Stopped for gas at a little place called Moab, Utah. A local pilot asked where we were headed & he recommended the route. Flew the whole thing from Moab, Utah thru the Grand Canyon all the way to Vegas.

From the air, Lake Powell is surreal. The contrast from the vivid Aqua Green water & the terrain is fabulous and it's huge !!!

ps. I don't think the video was shot from an ultralight, I think it is a RC model airplane. Either way it's a cool bit. [/quote]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
That was a refreshing break from this grueling guitar discussion. Pretty neat.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
That was a refreshing break from this grueling guitar discussion. Pretty neat.

West