Another Fab. Suggestion For A New Forum Section.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West, I have to agree about Emmy Lou, she has the graceful look of a beautiful Grandmother & I do so enjoy consorting with beautiful Grandmothers. Make that just the one beautiful Grandmother.

Check future posts for Cher bulletin.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I saw Coastie while ago, he couldn't remember where he put the beer!! The party might have been slow!

Hey Jake,
It is funny, just 90-100 miles to B'ham, and I rarely ever go down there. Wife, daughter (13), son (11) and a house remodeling project going on .....and I just don't seem to have any time!?!?

However, with our small membership scattered all over the globe, it would be totally rediculous if we did not meet.

So I will start working on a Kitchen Pass, and I will come down visit with you. I am changing ISP's right now (Bellsouth to Comcast), so I will PM you a e-mail address when I get the hardware settled down.
:wink:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I disremembered this thread, a common occurrence. (sp)

Check over at "What we're Listening To" for a Dylan update.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I disremembered this thread, a common occurrence. (sp)

Check over at "What we're Listening To" for a Dylan update.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Mr. P~,

Wife, daughter (13), son (11)

I think I read somewhere you were 53? Me, too. My daughter is 14 and my son 12. I always figured it was a blessing not getting to fatherhood until late. I was way too selfish and immature to have handled it earlier. The hardest part about having kids has been trying to remember what I used to think was important.

My wife, Huckleberry, is 9 years younger, though. We graduated from the same high school, but if I had dated her when I was a senior I'd still be in jail.

Later.

Guildmark

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Mr. P~,

Wife, daughter (13), son (11)

I think I read somewhere you were 53? Me, too. My daughter is 14 and my son 12. I always figured it was a blessing not getting to fatherhood until late. I was way too selfish and immature to have handled it earlier. The hardest part about having kids has been trying to remember what I used to think was important.

My wife, Huckleberry, is 9 years younger, though. We graduated from the same high school, but if I had dated her when I was a senior I'd still be in jail.

Later.

Guildmark

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guildster,

Yep, the hardest part of parenthood for me has been choosing which stories to tell of my past to use as examples of what not to do and which examples to keep to myself for fear that they will be used as an excuse to do the same. "Well, you did it dad!" Some of that negative stuff can come back to haunt you.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guildster,

Yep, the hardest part of parenthood for me has been choosing which stories to tell of my past to use as examples of what not to do and which examples to keep to myself for fear that they will be used as an excuse to do the same. "Well, you did it dad!" Some of that negative stuff can come back to haunt you.

West

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
LOL, I waited a long time because I never found a girl that I could live with that could live with me! I finally found one, then she got devistating migraines after childbirth.....and she changed!!:cry:

Of course, this Mississippi boy married a German girl raised in Chicago...to quote the popular song by Dierks Bently, "What was I thinkin"!

Wow, watching those kids make the same mistakes I did is painful, and I can see why my dad had that "I'm gonna kill you" look in his eye! :roll:

Guildmark,
Is your wifes given name Huckelberry, or is it a nickname?

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
LOL, I waited a long time because I never found a girl that I could live with that could live with me! I finally found one, then she got devistating migraines after childbirth.....and she changed!!:cry:

Of course, this Mississippi boy married a German girl raised in Chicago...to quote the popular song by Dierks Bently, "What was I thinkin"!

Wow, watching those kids make the same mistakes I did is painful, and I can see why my dad had that "I'm gonna kill you" look in his eye! :roll:

Guildmark,
Is your wifes given name Huckelberry, or is it a nickname?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Huckleberry is a nickname. When we were researching potential names for our first kid, I came across "Hamish" in a baby name book. I jokingly suggested considering it because our last name begins with an H, too, so it would be alliterative and very catchy. Well, being pregnant and very hormonal she didn't take that suggestion well. In fact, she kinda went ballistic, eventually suggesting (translation:screaming), "Why don't we just name the kid Huckleberry!". So guess who actually got stuck with it! :D

Hormones eventually settled down and the nickname settled in.
Now we've got a whole shelf in the kitchen with Huckleberry collectibles: syrup, jam, preserves - you name it. From Oregon, California, all over the place.

Long story, but I guess it bears explanation. :p

She owns that Dierks Bently CD, too, but plays that song while thinking about ME!

Later on we'll have to chat about Mississippi.

Guildmark

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Huckleberry is a nickname. When we were researching potential names for our first kid, I came across "Hamish" in a baby name book. I jokingly suggested considering it because our last name begins with an H, too, so it would be alliterative and very catchy. Well, being pregnant and very hormonal she didn't take that suggestion well. In fact, she kinda went ballistic, eventually suggesting (translation:screaming), "Why don't we just name the kid Huckleberry!". So guess who actually got stuck with it! :D

Hormones eventually settled down and the nickname settled in.
Now we've got a whole shelf in the kitchen with Huckleberry collectibles: syrup, jam, preserves - you name it. From Oregon, California, all over the place.

Long story, but I guess it bears explanation. :p

She owns that Dierks Bently CD, too, but plays that song while thinking about ME!

Later on we'll have to chat about Mississippi.

Guildmark

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My favorite desert of all time is a Huckleberry pie, made with the small wild huckleberries that are native to Mississippi. They are about a third to half the size of a Blueberry and very tart.

Sadly, wild huckleberries have all but disappeared around here. Fortunately, my mother has figured out how to alter her blueberry pie recipe by adding a few teaspoons of lemon juice to the filling. I can't really tell the difference except for the size of the berries.

Any time you want to talk about Mississippi, I will be happy to oblige. I can even talk about the day in my home town of Tupelo when I met Elvis!!
8)

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My favorite desert of all time is a Huckleberry pie, made with the small wild huckleberries that are native to Mississippi. They are about a third to half the size of a Blueberry and very tart.

Sadly, wild huckleberries have all but disappeared around here. Fortunately, my mother has figured out how to alter her blueberry pie recipe by adding a few teaspoons of lemon juice to the filling. I can't really tell the difference except for the size of the berries.

Any time you want to talk about Mississippi, I will be happy to oblige. I can even talk about the day in my home town of Tupelo when I met Elvis!!
8)