You really want to know?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guildmark: nice job.:D man, its scary how much we all look alike, its like a regular geezer convention!

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I don't mind being a geezer. I earned every gray hair I've got. But I'm starting to get a little worried about playing some of those retirement homes. What if, after the gig, they think I'm a resident trying to go walkabout! They might not let me go home!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Yea well, we got here....somehow. Now if we could just get all those future Geezers to listen to us and learn from our experience, both good and bad, and my own kids nned to be the first to start. :p

Funny how dad always used to tell me, "You know, the older you get, the smarter I'll get!" It never had much meaning until I turned about 40, then I knew exactly what he meant. As a kid, sometimes we can't stand to listen to older people, now nearing 50, I savor every word they have to say!

:) West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, that's a standing joke when we play at the Alzheimer's unit, we'll know we're in trouble if they don't let us out, or when we don't remember the code to unlock the elevator... :lol:

I used to get into a lot of retirement/nursing homes in my work, but I was most surprised when I heard Led Zeppelin coming out of a resident's room, and no it wasn't the cleaning crew in there, it was the geezer resident who was listening to it. :roll:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Oh, BTW Dredster...played the Bluegrass Jam at the bookstore Saturday night. You've really gotten me out of my shell. 8)

Thanks,
West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
most surprised when I heard Led Zeppelin coming out of a resident's room,

There's a policy ad the Facility Red's working right now.

It goes like this: Anyone observing behaviour suspected to be caused by illegal or non prescription drugs must report said behavior to management.

Regular problems with residents returning from short day trips with friends & relative coming back all wired up on crank & meth & other such stuff. Causes some strange problems.

Usually the residents involved look like they are 90 when in reality they are in their early fifties.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeff,

I remember those listening booths. Tower Records started in my hometoen of Sacramento, and the trip out there to hear the latest folk and bluegrass was the highlight of this nerd's weekend (along with studying, of course).