The French

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just curious if the ban on political humor in this forum applies to the French.

Thought maybe there might be an international amnesty policy or something.

No response will be interpereted as a negative answer.

dklsplace

Reaction score
The only "ban" is your common sense. If you think it'll bring a geezer chuckle then by all means. If you suspect it would become a hot topic of divisiveness then leave it alone.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Towards the end of the Revolutoniary war a British Colonel and what remained of his men had been captured by buckskin clad Colonials.

While interrogating the British officer, a rather arrogant Colonial soldier began a rant about the second rate nature of the British military tactics. Summed up by "And those foolish and gaudy redcoats I have never seen anything so foolish, they make such wonderful targets. Tis just further indication of the vanity and arrogance of the British".

The British officer rose to his full height, squared his shoulders. Standing regally in all his military splendor. The Colonel stated in clipped military language, "As a gentleman & an officer in the service of the Queen, I cannot tolerate such disrespect. I'll have you know sir our redcoats serve a vital and noble military purpose. We wear the red so when wounded the sight of our blood will not demoralize our men and detract them from their mission."

The Colonial was taken aback, apologize profusely & assured the Britich officer he an his men would be afforded every military courtesy.

As the colonial turned to leave the room he turned to the British officer and said" And thank you for clearing up the uniform color issue. I have always wondered why the French Officer Corps wear brown pants.

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Jeff you seem to have a problem discerning between good and bad taste.
Stick with guitars and you should be safe.
Benee Wafers