WTB: Ce-100 with "P90's"

teleharmonium

Reaction score
jp - yeah, that shop used to be small, and it's predecessor Jimmy D's was the same size, but man, those were the days. If I would have only had money back then... he had custom color Jazzmasters for under a grand, etc, etc. It hurts to think about.

I have generally liked thinner necks, but my blonde T100 has started to change me. It's my favorite player. It's not as chunky as the neck on a '54 Guild I played in Chicago over the weekend, which was the 3 pickup model with a round cutaway, which had major binding issues, worn finish and heavily played fingerboard and was still expensive, but it is bigger than the neck on my '66. The '60 has heavy flatwounds and slightly high action, but it's such a pleasure to play on that neck shape with the smooth, sunken in old finish and perfect frets with no buzzing anywhere, it's made me a better player since I bought it last year.

I looked at that T100 in the store again the other day, and I should correct myself a little bit to say that the wear/ageing really isn't that bad, it is just a sharp contrast to mine because mine is so clean and because that one is so overpriced. There's nothing wrong with the guitar as such other than the price tag, if somebody got a better deal on it I would think they would be happy with it, there are no replaced parts, repairs or binding issues that I could see.

teleharmonium

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they are the right knobs, unless they changed styles later in the year, or just used what was on hand or something, if that was a concurrent style. They do look like old knobs.

The clear ones look better against blonde wood, that's for sure.

teleharmonium

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they are the right knobs, unless they changed styles later in the year, or just used what was on hand or something, if that was a concurrent style. They do look like old knobs.

The clear ones look better against blonde wood, that's for sure.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Exactly, Jimmy D's. Yeah, those were the days. I bought my '76 Strat back in the late 80s for $400 when no one wanted the heavy 70s Strats. Now they're desirable and pricey and even reissued.

I clearly remember seeing the sudden Japanese and European interest in the vintage American gear surge year after year at the huge Columbus OH guitar shows. The Japanese always rented empty tables at the show just to put their purchases there. When they walked into the show in groups, I saw some dealers actually change the prices with prepared signs with higher prices. The Japanese buyers didn't even haggle. They just pulled out wads of cash and plunked it down. Yikes! A bunch of them were just buying for coporate museums. Ahh the days before $15 000 fifties and sixties Strats and Les Pauls. And thank god for the undiscovered Guilds!

And yes the clear knobs are so much cooler than the black.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Exactly, Jimmy D's. Yeah, those were the days. I bought my '76 Strat back in the late 80s for $400 when no one wanted the heavy 70s Strats. Now they're desirable and pricey and even reissued.

I clearly remember seeing the sudden Japanese and European interest in the vintage American gear surge year after year at the huge Columbus OH guitar shows. The Japanese always rented empty tables at the show just to put their purchases there. When they walked into the show in groups, I saw some dealers actually change the prices with prepared signs with higher prices. The Japanese buyers didn't even haggle. They just pulled out wads of cash and plunked it down. Yikes! A bunch of them were just buying for coporate museums. Ahh the days before $15 000 fifties and sixties Strats and Les Pauls. And thank god for the undiscovered Guilds!

And yes the clear knobs are so much cooler than the black.