When did Guild start using green?

john_kidder

Reaction score
I've been thinking more about the colour choices the Guild folks must have made - I remember learning in a physics class so long ago that I'm embarrassed to think about it, how to remember the colours in the spectrum. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet - think of a guy named Roy G. Biv, and you've got it.

We know we've got Guilds in red, orange, green, and blue. We've hinted at yellow(ish) GADs, but I've not heard about any likely geographic locations for the Indigos and Violets. Thoughts?

Perhaps we should have another discussion about possible associations with emotions: "I'm seeing red", "I'm green with jealousy", I'm so blue", "My mood is sort of indigo", etc.? A rack of guitars on stage, each of the proper colour for a particular tune? How about starting a guitar factory to address the needs of people in various states of emotional dis-repair? (On second thought, that's a bit redundant - they already make 'em for anyone who love guitars more than people, and that's surely emotional disrepair).

See y'all,

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
My first time here, I came down from Minnesota to see spring training baseball. The sun was on my right for the whole game. By the ninth inning, my face was startfire red on the right but still snow-white on the left.

santfe

Reaction score
Aw, they were just trying to keep up with Gretsch. No need for mysterious "Da Vinci Code" type explanations. :lol: