Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Tele-ish

• Total voters

dklsplace

Reaction score
You can list your tele specifics in a follow-up post. Pictures if you have them!

This started life as one of those Saga kits. I was pretty pleased with the quality of the body & neck for the money. Of course none of the original hardware survived. I still have to shape the headstock & cut my pickguard which will cover the leftover gap at the bridge pickup.

[img:402:600]http://home.att.net/~guildpages/wsb/media/138297/site1017.JPG[/img]

dklsplace

Reaction score
You can list your tele specifics in a follow-up post. Pictures if you have them!

This started life as one of those Saga kits. I was pretty pleased with the quality of the body & neck for the money. Of course none of the original hardware survived. I still have to shape the headstock & cut my pickguard which will cover the leftover gap at the bridge pickup.

[img:402:600]http://home.att.net/~guildpages/wsb/media/138297/site1017.JPG[/img]

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My Tele !!!!!!!!

Hi Don,

Not many people on this forum will know this but I was a hardcore Tele collector before I started the Guild research in the early '90s.
At the time I stopped collecting Teles my collection counted close to 50 Telecasters and even though they were all original, all of them were different. The idea at the time was to have one of each variation and preferably a 'first year'. I never had a Broadcaster but other than that I pretty much had all the ones I wanted to at the time. The reason why I stopped collecting is a little hard to explain but I might try that at some point. Anyway, my first Fender Telecaster was a Telecaster Custom that I bought in 1972. It was a good guitar but my first 'real' Tele was a blonde 'slab board' from 1959 which I bought from Jimmy Brown at The Guitar Emporium in Louisville, KY. That was in the early '80s and it may sound funny, but that guitar was just a little over 20 years at the time. That's about how old most '70s guitars are now! I payed a lot for it (I thought at the time) but the amount looks like a joke now.
I still have that guitar and even though I do not play it as much these days, I see no reason why I should sell it.

Hans

[img:423:591]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/Tele59_1.jpg[/img]

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My Tele !!!!!!!!

Hi Don,

Not many people on this forum will know this but I was a hardcore Tele collector before I started the Guild research in the early '90s.
At the time I stopped collecting Teles my collection counted close to 50 Telecasters and even though they were all original, all of them were different. The idea at the time was to have one of each variation and preferably a 'first year'. I never had a Broadcaster but other than that I pretty much had all the ones I wanted to at the time. The reason why I stopped collecting is a little hard to explain but I might try that at some point. Anyway, my first Fender Telecaster was a Telecaster Custom that I bought in 1972. It was a good guitar but my first 'real' Tele was a blonde 'slab board' from 1959 which I bought from Jimmy Brown at The Guitar Emporium in Louisville, KY. That was in the early '80s and it may sound funny, but that guitar was just a little over 20 years at the time. That's about how old most '70s guitars are now! I payed a lot for it (I thought at the time) but the amount looks like a joke now.
I still have that guitar and even though I do not play it as much these days, I see no reason why I should sell it.

Hans

[img:423:591]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/Tele59_1.jpg[/img]

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tele Collection

Hi Don,

I still have pictures of all of my Teles (the ones that were in the collection) but since there's not much traffic around here, I wondering if it's worth going through all the trouble of posting them.

Cheers!

Hans

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tele Collection

Hi Don,

I still have pictures of all of my Teles (the ones that were in the collection) but since there's not much traffic around here, I wondering if it's worth going through all the trouble of posting them.

Cheers!

Hans

Reaction score
post away hans!!

cheers

paul

(in order that my 20 yr old squier that i refinned myself, drilled not quite straight holes through for a through vintage bridge and put texas specials in can be shamed)

Reaction score
post away hans!!

cheers

paul

(in order that my 20 yr old squier that i refinned myself, drilled not quite straight holes through for a through vintage bridge and put texas specials in can be shamed)

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
You want Teles, I got 'em... nothing vintage though......

[img:600:450]http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/517/medium/Bursts_700_wide.JPG[/img]
Left to Right: 72 Deluxe RI, Highway 1 & 72 Thinline RI (with original 70's Fender Seth Lover pick ups)

[img:450:599]http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/538/medium/Nash_Deluxe_3_-_625_wide.JPG[/img]
This started out as a Nashville Deluxe. Swapped out the stock guard, pick ups, switch, bridge & saddles... now it's a rock tone monster.

[img:450:600]http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/517/medium/72_Tele_Thinline_RI_CIJs_-_2006_2004_3.JPG[/img]
Love my Thinlines... this was before I swapped out the pups on the burst

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: So much easier to play too Coaster. I've got a collection of those.
Pretty talented at them all too if I do say so myself. In fact just the other day, my wife commented about how she has to study each remote to change channels or volume, but I can do it with any remote in pitch darkness or blindfolded. Love my teles.

West

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Guildmark said:
I've never even picked up a Telecaster. Am I really missing something?

Guildmark

You might or might not like them. When You first mess around with a Tele or Strat, it will not have the feel You're accustomed to.
You like to play a big 12 string acoustic, and so do I, so We tend to think similarly.
Probably a nice hollow or semi-hollow 335 style would feel better to You, (at first), but after You discover that fast (tele or strat) neck, Woohoo!

That's the way I was for quite a while, then I picked up a Tele (52 Re-issue).
My friend allowed Me to play (gently) on this one, and then His custom Strat. Now I remembered what My Fender Mustang was all about.

With Teles and Strats, it's when You start messing around with old Rock N Roll leads, You find out what they are really about. They do chords OK, but the necks are all about lead guitaring; fast bar chords, and ripping with Your fingers. The entire neck is available for making sounds You never thought possible.

Anyway, I keep a Strat around nowadays, for afternoon "play sessions", but sooner or later, I will have a Telecaster here as well.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc! A lot!

Shredding and ripping leads, I admit, have only been the stuff of dreams. I'm a complete air guitar player pretending to be Jimi or SRV or anyone that plays lead. My daughter has a Squier Strat and, at 14, is already way past me on anything involving a plectrum and one note at a time. Prob'ly best for me to remain a Telecaster virgin.

Thanks, again!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Following the link to overstock.com in the beginner Christmas guitar thread, I did some surfing & was very tempted by the chambered dual bucker equipped squire tele for $249.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Dr Izza Plumber said:
I didn't think anyone built a telecaster with a set of buckers on it. Kewl!

Here it is!

I like the idea of a chambered tele, but I would still rather have a string thru body instead of the stop tailpiece.

yettoblaster

Reaction score
I played Telecasters for about 20 years (after Gibsons for about 20).

My present "tele-ish" is a Yamaha Pacifica that had two humbuckers I bought used for $120.
Right now I have DeArmond 2K's in it and am pretty happy with it. I have some Fender CS '51 Nocaster pickups kicking around (my default fave Tele pu's) that might go in it if I get an evening. Or not.

The neck and frets are fabulous feeling. Who'da thunk?

It's just a beater guitar and spare for the trunk on outa town jobs. I keep it in a cheap Ibanez bag. It gets no respect at all, but it's actually a very effective guitar. And I've had lots worse for lots more money! :evil:

mojomike

Reaction score
I have never played a Tele or Tele-ish anything. I intend to get one some day. Not to really play, just to add to my collection. I never seem to play any of my single coil axes very much. My band mates call me a Bucker Head. I am adding Phat Cat P90's to my BB. I get it back from the geetar doctor Saturday morning. That may be the closest I ever get to playing single coils. :D

Mike

Stevo

Reaction score
I bought my first electric 2 years ago. Not a real Tele but definitly tele-ish, a Tradition Jerry Reid guitar like this one:
http://www.traditionguitars.com/guitars ... lery01.htm

very fast neck but too thin to fit comfortably in my hand. I then wanted a semi hollow blues sound so a year ago bought an Epi AlleyKat. A cheap Korean guitar but an absolute blast to play. Then a Bluesbird fell into my hands and put me on the Guild track.........

Cheers
Steve