Guild J100?

dklsplace

Reaction score
In search of a schematic for my G-1000 (help if anyone has one!) I came across a schematic for a Guild J100. Billed to be a 1x15 competitor for the Fender Pro, "with a twist." Looks darn interesting. Has anyone ever run across one?

dklsplace

Reaction score
In search of a schematic for my G-1000 (help if anyone has one!) I came across a schematic for a Guild J100. Billed to be a 1x15 competitor for the Fender Pro, "with a twist." Looks darn interesting. Has anyone ever run across one?

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Don,

I own one of these amps. Mine is a 1957 or 1958 model that is two tone with a trapezodial front grill. It is in very good condition. It is not all stock because some of the Caps and the power connection was change to 3-prong but these were essential changes under any conditions.

Over the years I have seen a few of these amps typically early 1960's model with the grey tolex. The 100-J is a lot like a 99-J but with a 15 inch Jenson instead of 12 inch speaker of the 99-J. This amp uses a pair of 6L6 finals. The power tubes are not driven hard from the preamp stage so the amp is pretty clean sounding. I think the amp is good for around 30 Watts in this configuration. I definitely go for the full range sound the 15 inch speaker provides.

I am on the road right now but when I get home I'll post a few pictures.

matsickma

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Don,

I own one of these amps. Mine is a 1957 or 1958 model that is two tone with a trapezodial front grill. It is in very good condition. It is not all stock because some of the Caps and the power connection was change to 3-prong but these were essential changes under any conditions.

Over the years I have seen a few of these amps typically early 1960's model with the grey tolex. The 100-J is a lot like a 99-J but with a 15 inch Jenson instead of 12 inch speaker of the 99-J. This amp uses a pair of 6L6 finals. The power tubes are not driven hard from the preamp stage so the amp is pretty clean sounding. I think the amp is good for around 30 Watts in this configuration. I definitely go for the full range sound the 15 inch speaker provides.

I am on the road right now but when I get home I'll post a few pictures.

matsickma

dklsplace

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it!

I've had an itch for a 1x15 for a long time...finally decided I might as well build one, so I've been comparing designs. I know just enough to be dangerous, but fortunate to have a local tube amp guru buddy who won't let me screw anything up...to badly. :p The J100 is in the running, but I'd like a little more responsive break-up when digging in. Also considering my 1x12 CF Martin for the basic design.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it!

I've had an itch for a 1x15 for a long time...finally decided I might as well build one, so I've been comparing designs. I know just enough to be dangerous, but fortunate to have a local tube amp guru buddy who won't let me screw anything up...to badly. :p The J100 is in the running, but I'd like a little more responsive break-up when digging in. Also considering my 1x12 CF Martin for the basic design.

matsickma

Reaction score
Guild 100-J Amplifier 1957 style

Hi Don,

Here are the pictures of a late 1950's Guild 100-J Amp. Interesting I have seen 3 of these amps and none ever have a Guild logo on the front. The advertising material at the time showed illustrations of these amps with Guild block letter style logo or a script logo on the grill. Guild incorporated an handy storage compartment in the back of the amp. Someone alone the way taped it closed with duct tape and when removed pulled off the top layer of covering. I tried a variety of different speakers with this amp. The Jensen that is in the cab breaks up a bit but the amp is very clean sounding with a JBL.

matsickma

p.s., sorry about the last picture. It looks orientated properly in my images but came out sidewise on the site?!
1GUILD_FRONT_100J_AMP.jpg

2GUILD_REAR_100J_AMP.jpg

4GUILD_100J_AMP_CONTROLS.jpg

5GUILD_100J_AMP_wFOOTSWITCH.jpg

3GUILD_100J_AMP_OPEN.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
Guild 100-J Amplifier 1957 style

Hi Don,

Here are the pictures of a late 1950's Guild 100-J Amp. Interesting I have seen 3 of these amps and none ever have a Guild logo on the front. The advertising material at the time showed illustrations of these amps with Guild block letter style logo or a script logo on the grill. Guild incorporated an handy storage compartment in the back of the amp. Someone alone the way taped it closed with duct tape and when removed pulled off the top layer of covering. I tried a variety of different speakers with this amp. The Jensen that is in the cab breaks up a bit but the amp is very clean sounding with a JBL.

matsickma

p.s., sorry about the last picture. It looks orientated properly in my images but came out sidewise on the site?!
1GUILD_FRONT_100J_AMP.jpg

2GUILD_REAR_100J_AMP.jpg

4GUILD_100J_AMP_CONTROLS.jpg

5GUILD_100J_AMP_wFOOTSWITCH.jpg

3GUILD_100J_AMP_OPEN.jpg