Guild Pilot Appreciation page

Reaction score
Hi All!

I've created a myspace page, which will be devoted entirely to Guild Pilots. Please check it, as I'll be adding catalog information, pages and original price lists in the near future. And of course, I've added a link to letstalkguild.com

Guild Pilot appreciation page is here: http://www.myspace.com/guildpilotfan

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
4-strings said:
Hi All!

I've created a myspace page, which will be devoted entirely to Guild Pilots. Please check it, as I'll be adding catalog information, pages and original price lists in the near future.

Hello 4-strings,

Good luck and lots of fun with your page!

Hans Moust

caveman

Reaction score
Nice to see another pilot fan here. I posted about my pilot find on E-bay, and although it is with a bandmate now, I can still play it when I want. I forwarded him your and this site as well of course. Good luck with the collection and the webpage !

Reaction score
Newby Pilot Fan

Hey everyone. I guess I'm new to this page, My name is Steve, and I have been playing Guild Pilots since 1987. I currently only own 2 and one of those are on ebay as I write this, it's the Fullpickguard model. I am reluctantly letting it go. Need the cash for other instrument deals. My other Pilot is maybe the most famous one of all, or at least eBay. It's the Alec John Such Bon Jovi silver metal flake one you see pictures for sale of on eBay (I should try and get royalties! :D ). I have owned it since 2001. It has green L.E.D.'s in the fingerboard. Only thing I wish is that it had new frets and the pickguard and the different "P" arrangement that the one I'm selling has.
I have owned over 13 Guild Pilots (lost count). My favorites are the one on eBay now, and the Advanced 902 I sold a few months ago. Wish I could keep all my basses I get, but I'm a dealer at heart.
Thanks for reading.
Steve My email address is rarebasses@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Newby Pilot Fan

Hey everyone. I guess I'm new to this page, My name is Steve, and I have been playing Guild Pilots since 1987. I currently only own 2 and one of those are on ebay as I write this, it's the Fullpickguard model. I am reluctantly letting it go. Need the cash for other instrument deals. My other Pilot is maybe the most famous one of all, or at least eBay. It's the Alec John Such Bon Jovi silver metal flake one you see pictures for sale of on eBay (I should try and get royalties! :D ). I have owned it since 2001. It has green L.E.D.'s in the fingerboard. Only thing I wish is that it had new frets and the pickguard and the different "P" arrangement that the one I'm selling has.
I have owned over 13 Guild Pilots (lost count). My favorites are the one on eBay now, and the Advanced 902 I sold a few months ago. Wish I could keep all my basses I get, but I'm a dealer at heart.
Thanks for reading.
Steve My email address is rarebasses@yahoo.com

dklsplace

Reaction score
Hey Steve...lost or broken? What gives? Looked like bidding was picking up on it.

Feel free to post it in the FS/FT section here!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Hey Steve...lost or broken? What gives? Looked like bidding was picking up on it.

Feel free to post it in the FS/FT section here!

Reaction score
Pilot puled off ebay yet again!

Yeah, I pulled it again! :evil:
Last night while playing my Spector I noticed the J pickup was not putting anything out. I have had the spector a couple of months and only changed the battery once or twice (that should have tipped me off) and have no knowledge of Aguilar preamps which it has a OBP-1, anyway In looking for a solution for the dead J I noticed on the Aguilar site that it is supposed to be 18 Volts not 9 (like it was wired). After a 4 hour re-wire job (nearly everything wired wrong) the J pick up still doesn't put anything out unless you crank the amp up to 11 then you might hear a little. So this morning before my gig at church I checked the auction and the bass still wasn't moving up very well, that, with the dead pu in the spector, I though I'd better pull it in case I might need to rob a part out of the Pilot just until I get one ordered for the spector. So there really isn't anything wrong with the Pilot, it's the Spector that is broken. I could have used one out of the Bon Jovi Pilot but the Vol pots in it are of a different value than stock, plus I wouldn't want to mess with it not knowing how much it's worth and all.
In short, I pulled it, don't know if I'll need it yet, will know more after this week when I get time to work on the Spector again. I don't need 3 basses anymore, but I also have been toying with selling the Bon Jovi Pilot too. Meanwhile I thought I'd try selling the FullPickguard red Pilot offline, and not ebay.
Thanks and sorry if I made anyone mad by pulling it.
Steve

Reaction score
Pilot puled off ebay yet again!

Yeah, I pulled it again! :evil:
Last night while playing my Spector I noticed the J pickup was not putting anything out. I have had the spector a couple of months and only changed the battery once or twice (that should have tipped me off) and have no knowledge of Aguilar preamps which it has a OBP-1, anyway In looking for a solution for the dead J I noticed on the Aguilar site that it is supposed to be 18 Volts not 9 (like it was wired). After a 4 hour re-wire job (nearly everything wired wrong) the J pick up still doesn't put anything out unless you crank the amp up to 11 then you might hear a little. So this morning before my gig at church I checked the auction and the bass still wasn't moving up very well, that, with the dead pu in the spector, I though I'd better pull it in case I might need to rob a part out of the Pilot just until I get one ordered for the spector. So there really isn't anything wrong with the Pilot, it's the Spector that is broken. I could have used one out of the Bon Jovi Pilot but the Vol pots in it are of a different value than stock, plus I wouldn't want to mess with it not knowing how much it's worth and all.
In short, I pulled it, don't know if I'll need it yet, will know more after this week when I get time to work on the Spector again. I don't need 3 basses anymore, but I also have been toying with selling the Bon Jovi Pilot too. Meanwhile I thought I'd try selling the FullPickguard red Pilot offline, and not ebay.
Thanks and sorry if I made anyone mad by pulling it.
Steve