Interesting find

dklsplace

Reaction score
Anyone in Massachusetts familiar with Lucchesi Vintage Instruments? Found him doing a Google search not long ago while checking to see if the search engines were picking up the forum yet.

He has some fine Guilds listed (among other fine vintage gear). Seems like there was some talk about the white X-175 awhile back.

At any rate...I emailed, & while dissapointed that I was too late on a particular guitar...I was delighted with the response. Just browsing the site, it's obvious that Frank has an appreciation for the heritage of the instruments in his inventory, but I think he'd fit right in here as a real Guild lover as well! 8)

gretschbigsby

Reaction score
I've known Frank for years... He's done my repairs whenever I've lived in Western Mass. He was the luthier at Fretted Instruments Workshop in Amherst MA for a long time before going out on his own as a luthier-- He doesn't make guitars, but he's well know in Western Mass as the go to guy for vintage repairs.

He's kind of from the John Bernunzio world, in that he loves old stringed instruments and has a real appreciation for the uncommon... He does like Guilds a great deal-- along with Martins and Gibsons :) He's also quite close with Bill Tippin of Tippin Guitars.

Just last year, he moved from his repair shop in Holyoke MA (which had a showroom) to his present store front in Easthampton, Ma. I really recommend him... he shares the space with a vintage fiddle dealer, so its a very cool acoustic shop.

That area of Western Mass has some great guitar shops-- Fretted Instrument, Amherst Music House, Bluenote Guitars in Northampton and now LVI... and its a great college area with tons of coffee places, bookstores and the usual college type of places in a rustic setting at the foot of the Berkshires.... this time of year, its the most beautiful place on earth.

Can you tell I'm from there? :)

Bob

refret

Reaction score
Ahhh, sweet New England......I am from NH, now live in NJ, work in PA....I am not sure where I am anymore but would like to back in NH!