Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
A famous guy once said "God loves a 6v6". It's funny, a guy on a non-music forum was wigging out over his Princeton and how great it sounded. "I didn't know that Fenders had this much distortion". He listened to metal and thought everyone recorded with the amps they posed with. I told him that every studio in the world had that type of little tube amp hand you'd be surprised how many metal tunes were recorded with the type of amp you've got.

6V6's have snarl. :p

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey orygun39
That's my little Mighty Mite. As the capn well knows, my project time is limited, and I haven't really been able to mess with it very much. I think it's been fooled with a bit. I was interested in it mainly because of the EL34s. Someone has swapped out the 12AT7s for 12AX7s. I have pumped it up pretty loud, and it fuzzed up more than I expected. Hoping for it to get Voxy on me, but I've gotta spend more time with it.

These are pretty rare. I've only seen two examples on the net. What's funny is that the schematic is available everywhere for download, it's just the actual amps that are pretty uncommon.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
orygun39 said:
I'm coming in a bit late on this thread an Epiphone EA 22-RVT "Mighty Mite". I too, have one of these ... They are indeed "rarities". ... It's a very dark and loud amp (not sure of the wattage)...."hotrod" it....transformer, put 6L6's in it and replaced the speaker .... I've had the electronics restored, and have just purchased a period correct Jensen C12P. Now, my part of the agreement with my amp is- Use pedals VERY judiciously...
Howdy Orygun39 and welcome. If you need one, a copy of your EA22RVT amp can be found at EA22RVT at Free Info listed in the index as a Gibson. The EA22's power supply was designed for EL34s and not 6L6s and I think you're fortunate to have it back in good working condition. Assuming the original transformer is still ok, no reason not to push the EL34s; you probably already know that they are common in Marshall amps and have a reputation for being pretty ruggged. cj