recent X 150 pictures?

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
can anyone post pictures of their recent sunburst or black X150 or send some to my email? fernant.zeste@pandora.be

it's very hard to find pictures of guilds on the internet......

i actually do have some beautiful pics of a blonde one, just curious to see the other colors!

thx!!!!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Here's the current state of my sunburst. Removed the pickguard & put on cream pickup surrounds.
X150cream.JPG

bobgoblin

Reaction score
wow, don, that's a purty guit-fiddle. i like the contrast between the cream surrounds & the 'burst. are those the stock pups? if you changed them, why did you do so?

fernant, i know you don't need it, but here a pic to my blonde:

guildfullfront.jpg

dklsplace

Reaction score
Oops...guess I lied about the "current state." Also replaced the rosewood bridge with a TOM.

Still the stock pups...the only thing I've done there is split the neck pup using a push/pull volume pot.

bobgoblin

Reaction score
ahh, i too have changed the rosewood bridge over to a TOM. those original 'buckers sound good, i was told they use alnico II magnets, i was thinking i might use them somewhere else w/a push/pull phase switch. again, nice guit!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Thanks bob...but do blonds really have more fun? :wink:

Allparts started carrying various parts in a parchment color that's really quite nice. I have some 3 ply pickguard blank that I'm using for my P90 tele as well as parchment switch tip. I've been bugging my rep that they NEED to get some pickup surrounds in parchment, but no luck so far. It would come very close to matching the binding on the Savoy.

Must be a camera angle trick...does it appear the lower bout on mine is a tad wider than your Corona?

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
thx guys for posting some pictures.
nice that the talk is all about mods...

maybe you saw my other post but i'm planning something quite extreme in my head!

- i have a vision of an X150 (still thinking about the color...)
- i would add the bigsby and bigsby bridge (like on the SFIII)
- a 3-waytoggle in the cutaway
- a nice black dogear P90 at the neck
- a black covered dearmond or dynasonic at the bridge
- maybe changing the 2 knobs to something that resembles stove knobs
- maybe even cutting a vintage style round pickguard with gold guild logo and star (or the same but a clear pickguard with red guild logo with star... something trully inovative... :) )

it's in my head know, but it might be for real in the future!

it's quite a mix of X150, X160, X550P, eddie cochran, SF, ...

i deeply love my tele and my martin 0015... now i need a hollow i can love as much!

i've owned 4 gretsches and played about the entire professional collection... i need a brake from them!!!

i've been thinking about the gibson es165 herb ellis to do similar mods to...

but GUILD seems to be the secret... the best out there....... i want to try...

i know my modding plan seems or even is nuts... but hey... we only live once and if Fender takes away the X160 and won't produce an X150DVT (double pickup, vintage pups, bigsby tremolo)... we have to think them out and build them ourselves!

FZ

bobgoblin

Reaction score
it does look a little wider, did the spec's change ever so slightly between RI & CA builds? Hans? haha.

hmm...parchment colored surrounds, huh. i'd love to see some pics of the color, whether it's a pickguard, or switch tip...hint, hint.

dklsplace

Reaction score
fernant, here's a black Dearmond X-155 on ebay. I know Walter was on the lookout for one of these (at a decent price) before he came across his X-135. I too prefer the old style pick guards rather than the stock stair step one they've used for so long.
Black X-155

Don't have any good pics of the parchment stuff. Here's one of the tele during the project.
site1016.JPG

Switch tip looks white there with no other contrast. Also have some white pickguard blank so I'll try to take a pic of the 2 side by side so you can see the difference. Subtle, but just enough.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tele's looking good Don! I "settled" for the sunburst X135 indeed Don, I've never even seen a black X155 over here, and people were just asking way too much for their second-hand DeArmond guitars over here - I could get the X135 for a much more realistic price. (though still slightly expensive by U.S. standards) As I was putting completely different pickups on it, the single pickup format was easier to modify as well.

I would have preferred the black too, but the sunburst will do just fine, and it's a pretty nice tobacco sunburst too, no red in it.

I do have the impression that somewhere along the line, (move to Corona?), the X150 and similar guitars (180, 160) switched to a 16" body, instead of the previous 17" one. What do yours measure across the lower bout gentlemen?

bobgoblin

Reaction score
ahem, uhh, 16" the last time i measured. not that i do that often...

dklsplace

Reaction score
I'm looking at roughly 16 5/8" :shock:

Here's a link to the parchment/white pic. New pc & haven't installed my photo editing software so the color isn't exactly accurate.
Parchment/White

dklsplace

Reaction score
Yep...the interior depth at the bridge is about 3 3/4".

Old Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I have a Westerly X150D and a Corona X180. The Westerly has a slightly different body shape, is wider over the lower bouts and is 3 3/8" deep compared to the X180's 3".