DV72 at the New York Guitar Festival

wileypickett

Reaction score
Me and my Guild DV72 at the New York Guitar Festival this year.

I'd just come back from a three-week tour of Europe and the UK; I had a terrible case of sinusitis (are there good cases?); I was jet-lagged and I had to get up early to drive five hours to play this, the last 90 minutes in NYC rush hour traffic. I shared the bill with three other guitarists -- we each got 20 minutes. The three pieces I played are archived. I was dreading watching them, but hey, you'd never know how miserable I was!

I'll just link to one clip -- the other two are there if you care to watch them.

Whether you like my playing or not, I suspect you'll enjoy seeing my DV72 in action ~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHryiQAALZA

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow Glenn! What a treat to get to listen to your music! The DV72 sounds great but your playing my friend is mesmerizing. I am particularly partial to the "Portrait of Basho as a Young Dragon". Such a wonderful sound and skill you have to tell a story with strictly the guitar and nothing else. I almost felt as if I was listening to 3-4 people playing at the same time. Just Amazing!

TX

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing that.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's just beautiful playing, Glenn. You really bring that DV72 to life. Thanks for sharing that, it's truly inspirational.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That was FOR SURE the best part of my morning, Glenn. Thanks for sharing that. Between your playing and that beautiful guitar, I was in heaven for a while there!! :encouragement:

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has that mesmeric quality that guitar is supposed to have but is often lost due to vocals or electric playing... I don't know where I've been, but I don't remember seeing someone use a partial capo before, which begs the question, what tuning are you in?

What is the watch you're wearing, looks like it might be something classy?

I watched the next video in line, the NPR tiny desk, and it is so refreshing to see someone play a guitar in a simple way that sets such an ambiance, the song where Rainier might burst thru the floor sounds like some of the refrains I've been playing for years...

Really nice! When I'm not admiring or emulating raunchy rock riffs or twangy country licks, this is really my cup of tea.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wonderful music, Glenn! I enjoyed it! :glee:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Me and my Guild DV72 at the New York Guitar Festival this year.

I'd just come back from a three-week tour of Europe and the UK; I had a terrible case of sinusitis (are there good cases?); I was jet-lagged and I had to get up early to drive five hours to play this, the last 90 minutes in NYC rush hour traffic. I shared the bill with three other guitarists -- we each got 20 minutes. The three pieces I played are archived. I was dreading watching them, but hey, you'd never know how miserable I was!

I'll just link to one clip -- the other two are there if you care to watch them.

Whether you like my playing or not, I suspect you'll enjoy seeing my DV72 in action ~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHryiQAALZA

Really enjoyed your music, and, of course, gazing at your DV-72...both a work of art!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That was rather enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.

planetguy

Reaction score
very lyrical and expressive! my, what lovely tones you bring out that gtr.

chrisjo

Reaction score
Wow! Your playing and that guitar are a great combination.