Some Joni Humor....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A friend of mine, knowing what a fan I am, sent me this on Facebook. I did bark out a laugh!! :encouragement:

4QuAxK.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This recent picture of Joni at a Chick Corea concert has me a bit concerned. I really don't think she looks too good
icon_cry.gif

14022142_10154424024177436_8162199616411650184_n.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, this was a couple of days ago and she looks a little gray. It's been a rough climb back from her aneurysm I'm sure. I wonder if she's still smoking? Bless her heart.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, this was a couple of days ago and she looks a little gray. It's been a rough climb back from her aneurysm I'm sure. I wonder if she's still smoking? Bless her heart.

I really hope she quit smoking Tom. She spent so much time in the hospital that I would hope so. I love Joni, and worry about her. Always have.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Me too, Sandy. In my pile of music Gods, she's at the top of my list and always has been. When she goes, I'm gonna be wrecked.....

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"She moved to the United States in the mid-1960s, and in 1968, she recorded her first album, Joni Mitchell, produced by David Crosby."

That album changed my world a bit.

gilded

Reaction score
Well, she doesn't look great, but she had no makeup on and that makes a difference when the camera flash lights you up.

I think we should all be really, really proud and happy for her that she's getting out to do things she likes! Go Joni!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Though I love them all, "Blue" was the one that really did it for me. I've never been the same since.
One of the first songs I ever learned on a steel string was "Big Yellow Taxi", but I never actually bought Ladies of the Canyon until about '82, then I fell in love with the title tune.
The next one to hit me that hard was "Edith and the Kingpin" on Hissing of Summer Lawns .

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I looked at that photo and, having no idea JM was well enough to be out & about at all, saw it completely different. Good to see her!

FWIW my favorite Joni recording is the live Miles Of Aisles version of "Rainy Night House." Not necessarily my fav song of hers, but that performance is The One.

Edit: this performance ain't bad either:

-Dave-

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The next one to hit me that hard was "Edith and the Kingpin" on Hissing of Summer Lawns .
That's a KILLER song, Al. And that album is one of my all time faves!! "A plane in the rain is humming. The wires in the walls are humming, some song. Some mysterious song." :encouragement:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I looked at that photo and, having no idea JM was well enough to be out & about at all, saw it completely different. Good to see her!
Absolutely.
Although it would surprise me because I just don't think she would (willingly), if she retired I couldn't blame her after all she's given us in the last 40 years. Did I say 40?
Yeesh, its been more than 50!
God bless and hold your head high, Joni.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree it's good to see her out and about after her health issues. But she does look older than her 72 years. I think her health problems aged her quite a bit, like it would for anyone.

Is it a coincidence David Crosby also looks much older than his 75?

And yet, Graham Nash (74), the famous "Willy" and "My Old Man" of Joni's songs, just left his wife of 38 years to be with his new 30 year old girlfriend.

The Woodstock generation is getting older...

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree it's good to see her out and about after her health issues. But she does look older than her 72 years. I think her health problems aged her quite a bit, like it would for anyone.

And yet, Graham Nash (74), the famous "Willy" and "My Old Man" of Joni's songs, just left his wife of 38 years to be with his new 30 year old girlfriend.

walrus
Thanks for that, walrus. I think we're all just worried and .... I never thought any of us were CRITICAL!! We all know Joni has had health problems for quite a few years and I think they show. We're not being mean or critical... just concerned. Graham Nash looks and behaves well for his age. We all age at different rates. I don't think anyone is being critical of Joni. Just worried. We don't want to lose her yet. May she "live long and prosper" to do a Vulcanism..... you know?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

walrus

We just saw Graham at the Great South Bay Music Festival, and he (like Bonnie Raitt, who we also just saw) looked and sounded better than ever. His new album "This Path Tonight" I think might be the best thing he's ever done, and I never considered him better than the fourth best of CSNY when it came to songwriting chops.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Too much Russian roulette'll do that to a guy.
207041553-David_Crosby_gun_and_joint.jpg

Guess some guys can never let go of the teeny-boppers.
walrus
Hey! That was only 47 years ago last week!

Last edited: