2000 Starfire, King Biscuit 2016

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think you sound great, Frank. When it really comes down to it, it's all in the hands of the player. :C)

I played at that festival too during one of its earlier inceptions, maybe '92?, back when the stage used to be set up in front of what is now the cultural center, which used to be a restaurant. This was also before all the political foo having to do with the name and such. The band I was with had one slot, and we also busked on the corner in front of Bubba's. We also backed Katie Webster and Honeyboy Edwards, which was also a real treat.

So much rich blues tradition in that area.

Frank4001

Reaction score
Hey JP, thanks for taking a listen and kind words. I've played the street a few times too. Lots of fun. Much appreciated. Backing Katie Webster and Honeyboy Edwards must have been great...nice.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! I love my 2000 Starfire IV, though I admit to having the pickups rewound.

A player with chops plugged into a quality amp rarely sounds bad. We love to obsess over pickups and such, but when it comes right down to it, good playing is good playing.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
And yeah - that bass player is rippin' it up!

gilded

Reaction score
Enjoyed it, too. Everybody was killin'!
It looked and sounded like the Bass Player was using an Ampeg SVT amp. I remember the days I could heft one of those behemoths!

What kind of amp were you using?

Frank4001

Reaction score
Hey Gilded that amp was built here in Memphis by a guy named Robert Hinson. He builds for enjoyment but if he finds somthing interesting he'll build for someone. In this case It's a 2x10 combo with two bridged channels, one an old 40's type and the other is the clean channel of a Dumble ODS (so he tells me).
So its kind of squishy on the high notes but firms up on lows....